Filter and segment your contacts based on contact properties and events. The extensive segmentation allows you to target the right group of audience for your campaigns and journeys.
To create a Segment,
Click on Marketing Automation > Create Segment to get started.
Create a new segment using conditions based on the following event types.
Related Account Properties
Related account properties
You can add any number of conditions with an AND / OR boolean match type in between.
- All: Contacts that match all the configured conditions will get segmented.
- Any: Contacts that match any of the configured conditions will get segmented.
- Groups: You can add any number of groups with an AND / OR boolean match in between.
- All: Contacts that match all the configured groups will get segmented.
- Contact fields - Segment contacts based on the values of your contact fields.
This includes both default and the custom contact fields.
- Journey - Segment contacts based on their status on your marketing journey.
This gives you the option to include contacts who have entered or exited a journey on a specific time period. You can either set ‘Anytime’ or select a specific time period.
- List - Segment contacts based on the list you’ve imported.
The two match types available are Includes and Excludes. All the lists you have uploaded will be populated on the dropdown.
- Email activity - Segment contacts based on their email activity for a specific period of time.
- Page Visit: Segment your contacts based on the pages they've visited.
- WhatsApp activity: If your CRM is integrated with WhatsApp, you can add and create segmentation based on specific events.
- SMS activity: If your CRM is integrated with an SMS provider, you can add and create segmentation based on specific events.
- Related Account Properties: You can create segments based on the related account properties of contacts in the CRM.
Related Account Properties
Default and custom account fields
Is not empty
- eCommerce events*: If your CRM is integrated with an eCommerce platform, say for example Shopify, then you may add specific events from your Shopify-powered online store to create segments.
Added Product to Cart
Last N Days
Last N Days including Today
Once your conditions are added, the CRM will create a segment consisting of contacts and visitors that fulfill the conditions. To understand the difference between visitors and contacts, please refer to this article.
Click to make the segment live. The contacts which satisfy the conditions provided will get segmented.
*This is applicable only for accounts that have the Shopify integration enabled.
All segments that are created can be viewed on the Segments dashboard. You can edit or delete a segment by clicking the . button
Using segments while creating a campaign:
Choose segments while creating an email campaign. Click the recipients dropdown and choose a segment of your choice. Multiple lists and segments can be chosen as recipients.
Personalize a campaign based on the segments:
The campaigns can be sent in a personalized manner for each contact segment. Click the Personalize For dropdown in the DESIGN section of your campaign and select campaigns to make specific changes. The contacts on the segment will receive the personalized email you’ve created.
Using segments in Journeys:
Added to a Segment - Include a segment into your journey by choosing from the list of available segments.
Is in Segment - This condition can be used to check if the incoming contacts on the block are part of the chosen segment or not.
Choose a segment from the dropdown. The incoming contacts into the condition block will be checked if they are part of the chosen segment.
The bulk upload of contacts may take a little while to get reflected inside the Segments module. This is based on the uploaded file size.
The Marketing Segments feature is available from the following plans:
|No. of Segments that can be created||1||50||100||250|