Engage with your customers in casual conversations powered by Freshchat with bots that can small talk.
When you switch on this toggle, your bot will make small talk with your customers, offering them a more humanized bot experience, as opposed to a straightforward question-answer type of interaction. You can choose to use Small Talk to make your bots sound friendlier and more human-like.
The bots you're building on Freshchat can identify utterances from your customers and segregate them into specific intent categories of customer intent. Each of these intent categories are assigned to a specific set of bot actions. Here are a few examples:
- Create ticket: The bot creates a ticket in your connected ticketing system. Learn how to integrate with Freshdesk Support Desk.
- Transfer to agent: The bot transfers the conversation to your chat agents.
- Answers and FAQs: The bot transfers the conversation to Answers or show FAQs depending on how you've set up your Answers module. Learn more here.
- Waiting: The bot waits for the customer to come back with a response.
- Repetition: The bot repeats the information from the last dialog or API response that it shared with the customer.
- Clarification: The bot asks for a response, preferably phrased in a different manner so that it can process it better.
- Feedback: The bot can understand if the customer is happy or unhappy with the responses it offers with Small Talk.
- Confirmation: The bot can accept confirmation, both positive and negative from the customer when it asks questions.
- Apologies: The bot can identify when the customer is apologizing and respond accordingly.
- Greetings: The bot can identify messages that are greetings and respond similarly.
- Patience: The bot acknowledges when the customer has been waiting and thanks them for their patience
Small talk is supported in the following languages