Your brand design is essential. It conveys a lot to your customers about you. You’ve probably invested a lot of time and effort into your brand design. This brand design should naturally extend to all the support channels you offer to your customers, and you can do the same with the self-service widget. You can start customizing your widgets from the Customize menu. Select the self-service widget from the dropdown, and you’ll see four sections on this page:
- You can customize the look and feel of your widget on this page:
- Give your bot a name and a brand message under Title and Sub-title
- Choose a theme color for your widget. If the text isn’t clear, you can choose to invert the text color.
- Choose a background pattern and set up an avatar icon for your bot. The Recommended size of the bot avatar is 25x25px
Position & Behavior
- Customize the placement of the widget on your webpage/support portal
- Widget position: You can position the bot either on the bottom left or the bottom right of your page
- Set widget notifications: You can choose to toggle a notification sound and a browser notification whenever there’s a response/update on the bot
Action post agent resolution
- When your bot has gracefully handed over the conversation to an agent, and after your agent resolves the conversation, you can choose between showing a resolution message or triggering a bot flow.
- If you’re not satisfied with the widget customization options available, you can step it up by applying custom CSS from this screen. You can change the font type, font size, edit the header and footer elements, among other CSS capabilities.
Note: Make sure you click save once you’ve completed customizing the bot. If you’ve already embedded the self-service widget on your website or product, clicking save will automatically update how the bot looks and behaves.