When you connect your email, you can automatically associate them with the related contacts. This helps you track email conversations with all your prospects from one place.
After you connect your email, all incoming emails are scanned and only those email addresses that belong to contacts are fetched and attached to the corresponding records.
If you want to create contacts every time you send an email from the web application to a new email ID (that is not an existing contact in the web application),
Click the Profile icon > Settings > EMAIL SETTINGS
Enable Auto-create Contacts under OTHER EMAIL SETTINGS
Note: The auto-create contact option also works for incoming emails and calendar sync under one of the following circumstances:
1. When a new email address is part of the To/Cc/Bcc address in an incoming/ outgoing email.
2. When a new email address is added as an attendee to a meeting.
To connect your email,
Click the Profile icon > Connect email.
Select the email provider
Gmail: You are directed to the Gmail sign-in page. Opt between two-way sync and one-way. Click Allow to grant a set of access permissions to your web applications.
Microsoft 365: Opt between two-way sync and one-way and then you will be directed to the Microsoft sign-in page. Click Allow to grant a set of access permissions to your web applications.
Outlook: Opt between two-way sync and one-way and then you will be directed to the Microsoft sign-in page. Click Allow to grant a set of access permissions to your web applications.
Zoho: Opt between two-way sync and one-way and then you will be presented with the mailbox overlay with the IMAP and SMTP server name and port number already filled in. Type in your email and password and click Save.
For Other email providers: The respective mailbox overlay appears with the IMAP and SMTP server name and port number already filled in. Type in your email and password and click Save.
Which do I choose? Microsoft 365 or Outlook?
If you are using a personal account you can use Outlook. For business emails, it is recommended that you use Microsoft 365.
Note: Sometimes while trying to connect your mailbox, the password credentials you enter may fail. One common reason is 'Two-factor Authentication'.
To solve this:
1. Check if you have enabled two-factor authentication for your email.
2. If so, generate a unique password and then try using the new password to login.
This is specific to each email server. Refer the links below if your server is:
3. Choose between 1-way sync or 2-way sync for your emails.
- 2-way sync (This is the default option): It is recommended to opt for 2 way sync. Choosing this option syncs both Incoming and Outgoing emails between the Mailbox and the CRM. This is usually recommended as you can access the entire email thread in both your CRM and the primary mailbox.
- 1-way sync: If you don’t want the automatic sync of all incoming emails related to your contacts, you can opt 1-way sync. But you can make sure all emails sent from the CRM is synced back to your official mailbox. This option is useful when you want to limit the number of emails that are sent to the web application from the mailbox.
The incoming emails received in the mailbox will not be synced automatically. You can use your account's bcc email address to push required emails to the CRM.
NOTE: 1-way sync is available only in Pro and Enterprise plans
If you have reset your password or revoked the access permissions of your email account, your web application stops receiving emails from your mailbox.
To reconnect your email,
Click Edit. You would be prompted to enter your email address and password.
After you’ve entered the right email credentials, click Connect.
If you want to connect the account of a different email service, click Edit, choose the email service, enter your email credentials and click Connect. If you want to disconnect your email account permanently to stop receiving emails via IMAP, click the Delete icon. Upon confirmation, the current configuration for your email account is deleted.
To improve your email deliverability (reduce bounce rate) you need to configure your SMTP settings. To do so,
1. Click 'Change email server' to choose the email server from which your emails have to be sent.
2. For better deliverability, use your email domain's SMTP server to send emails.
3. If you want to use your web application to send your emails, choose the SMTP server to send emails. To ensure email deliverability, configure SPF and DKIM records too.
These are a few email enhancements that make your work more productive:
Conversation sync: Emails received are automatically associated with the related records of the contact, helping you track all conversations related to your prospect.
Calendar sync: Your calendar is synced once your mailbox is connected.
Intelligent mapping: All incoming emails are scanned and only those that belong to contacts are fetched and attached to the corresponding records.
All incoming emails go directly to your web application's Inbox. Go to Conversations > Email > Inbox to view your inbox.