Sales teams have hierarchies where salespeople report to managers who in turn report to the management. You can set up the user hierarchy to regulate access to records and help managers view their reports’ records.
To set this up,
- Go to Admin Settings> Users and Permissions section and click Users. This opens the users page and presents with you both Active and Inactive users.
- Select the user to whom you want to add a Reporting Manager. This takes you to the User Settings page.
- Click the Reporting to dropdown and search the user who will be the Reporting manager.
- Click Save.
You can bulk assign reporting managers to the users using the file import option.
How can I see the Reporting Manager of the user?
- Go to Admin Settings and scroll down to Users and Permissions section
- Click Users. Here, you can find the reporting manager for a user, if assigned.
How can I see the hierarchy?
- You can see your hierarchy/org chart from Admin Settings > Users and Permissions section > Users. Click View org chart button which takes you to Org Chart page.
- If you want to look at the org chart of any user, select the specific user from the Users page. This takes you to the Users Settings page. Click the View in org chart/direct reports button.
- This takes you to Org Chart page that shows the hierarchy of the user.
What happens if a manager is deleted?
When a user with the role manager is deleted, his reports will be reassigned to the user higher up on the hierarchy For example, when a Sales Manager is deleted, his team will be reassigned to his superior, for example, say, Regional Sales Manager.
Users at the topmost level of the hierarchy cannot be deleted without their reports being reassigned.