Every user managing a contact, deal, or an account would use a set of files and reference links associated with the record. Freshworks CRM enables users to upload and associate these files with the records in the CRM.
File Storage Limits (in GB)-
- The maximum file size is 20 MB. Files attached can be accessed by users with access to the record.
- Storage limit per account is calculated as GB/Plan X No. of active users in that plan. Say, the number of active users for an account is 20 in the Growth plan. Then the total storage space available for that account is 40 GB. A single user can utilise the entire 40 GB or it can be split amongst all users.
To attach a file/link to a record (say a contact), follow these steps:
From the detail page of the contact, click Files . This brings up the FILES tab where files associated with the contact are listed.
Click the + icon. This brings up the “Add Files” overlay. It consists of three tabs, Add New, My Files, My Links (via URL).
Under Add File, you have the option of either uploading a file or just saving a link that takes you to the cloud storage where the file is stored.
Click “Upload your file here” and choose a file from your device. You can also drag the file into this section.
If you want to share the file with other users, check the “Share file with everyone” option.
Click ADD to upload the file.
The uploaded file will now be listed under the My Files tab. This tab carries a list of all files attached by you and shared with you. To search for a particular file, enter the name of the file in the search bar.
Similarly, the My Links tab lists all links attached by you and shared with you. To search for a particular link, enter the url of the link in the search bar. To sort the list of files, choose from the sort dropdown (created at, name, ascending and descending) option.
To upload multiple files or links, select the ones required on the My links tab. This adds the files to a ‘selected list.’ Click Attach to upload the files in bulk to the contact.
- Any file to be attached should not exceed 20 MB.
- File types supported are PDF, ppt, pptx, Word, Excel, Zip, image formats (PNG, JPG, Gif)
- For a trial account, limit is 1 GB irrespective of the no. of users
- Share option lets other users attach the same file to different records.
- Sometimes a file might be common to say, every contact in an account. In such cases, the share option comes in handy. It saves a lot of time and storage space by letting everyone it is shared with reuse the files.