When a new contact is added to the CRM and is assigned to a sales owner, apart from notifying the sales owner about this new lead. It is best to help them with an actionable task.
1. Improve Engagement with New Leads:
By automating tasks related to new leads, you can ensure timely and personalized follow-up, increasing the chances of engagement.
2. Building a Consistent Sales Process with Best Practices:
Implementing this workflow helps standardize the sales process and ensures that best practices are consistently followed.
3. Reduce Time to Train Sellers:
Automation reduces the manual workload for sales representatives, allowing them to focus on building relationships and closing deals rather than administrative tasks.
Configuring the workflow:
This is a straightforward workflow. You can set it up as follows:
1. Select the Module as Contacts.
2. Trigger: Set the workflow to trigger once for each new record to avoid triggering it for existing contacts.
- Owner is assigned (not empty)
Ensure that the automation runs only for new leads with an assigned owner, allowing you to assign a task to the owner to send the email.
- The lifecycle stage is the Lead
Limit email tasks to new leads and exclude other contacts.
4. Action step: Select "Add task" step
Give a suitable name, description, and due time for the Task that gets automatically created.
1. Automatically send an email
Instead of creating a task to manually send an email, consider sending an automated email. To do this:
- Ensure that you and your users have connected their mailboxes. Learn more here - How to connect my email?
- Choose the "Send Email to Contact" action.
- You can use existing sales email templates or create your own. Learn more about email templates here - How to create and share sales email templates?
2. Send a More Attractive Marketing Email: If you are using Freshsales Suite, leverage the marketing features for more attractive emails and marketing automation. (Refer Article - Email campaigns)
Please upvote this article if you like it. Also, feel free to share any feedback.