- How long will it take to get a verified WhatsApp Business Number?
The WhatsApp Business API is currently available to a limited public view, and WhatsApp’s approval is required for all customers entering the program. You can submit a request through Freshchat, and we will keep you posted.
Getting a verified WhatsApp Business Number typically takes 2-3 weeks. But this is subject to change as it depends on Facebook, and it may take longer for certain cases.
- How can I start using WhatsApp Business?
Freshchat offers a business chat and conversational solution that easily integrates with the WhatsApp Business API.
To start using WhatsApp for Business through Freshchat, you need to apply. It is available in Settings>Integrations>WhatsApp Business. Once your application is approved, and your business account is created, we will set up your Freshchat account to connect you with your end users through your WhatsApp for Business number.
- Can we integrate it with our current setup?
Yes, you can, as long as you have a phone number and a Meta Business Manager Account.
- Can I add multiple numbers?
Yes, there is a limit of 25 numbers as of now. If you need to add more than 25 numbers, please contact us at email@example.com.
- Will bots work with WhatsApp Business?
Yes, bots will work with the WhatsApp Business API integration.
- Can I create groups with WhatsApp?
No. We don't support this right now.=
- Can I use a normal number, or should I have a WhatsApp business number?
You can use a regular number. Even landline and Freshcaller numbers can be used.
- I am already using the number to support customers. If I delete the number, will chat history be migrated to Freshchat or Freshdesk?
Your previous WhatsApp contacts won't appear on WhatsApp integration. It will be a clean slate, and even your past conversation history from that number will not be migrated. You can back up those chats and store them in your cloud from WhatsApp if you want.
- Once integrated, will my profile show up as a verified account?
We will have to raise a request from Freshworks end to WhatsApp for this. It may take up to 15 days. As a prerequisite, you must have a verified Facebook account, or your request for a verified WhatsApp number will be rejected.
- I already have a WhatsApp link with another vendor. Can I migrate from them to Freshworks?
Yes. If a customer already has WhatsApp integrated with another vendor, they can be migrated to Freshworks with the same number. Please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will assist you with the number migration.
- Will the customer’s profile name and picture be visible?
You can see your customer’s profile name, but as WhatsApp doesn’t allow us to import their profile picture, you will not be able to see it.
- Is it possible to trigger bots for WhatsApp conversations?
Yes. You can assign the Bot to WhatsApp as a Messaging Channel; it will be triggered for WhatsApp conversation. You can refer to this article to learn more about deploying bots on WhatsApp.
- What are the file formats supported in WhatsApp?
File formats supported in WhatsApp,
1. End customers can send images in .jpeg, .png, .pdf, .xlsx, and .docx, which will be received in Freshchat.
2. Agents can also send images, files, and videos in the above format, but it will be shown as a link to the end customer, and they will have to click on the link to see the attachment you sent.
*Attachment size limit is 25MB for any attachment.
Clearing the chat or deleting messages from WhatsApp will not affect the conversation inside Freshchat.
- Will deleted messages get deleted from Freshchat as well?
No, deleted messages from the customer's end will still be visible in Freshchat.
- How does the block and report function affect a Business?
For end-user protection, WhatsApp has a reporting and blocking mechanism. You must respect all requests by a person to block, discontinue, or otherwise opt out of communications with you via WhatsApp.
- Can I block a user?
A business cannot block a user from reaching out through the WhatsApp Business number on Freshchat.
- Can a business initiate/proactively message a user?
Facebook restricts sending messages to customers after 24hrs. Proactive messaging for Marketing and Sales use cases. However, they allow sending proactive messages for support use cases such as order confirmation, booking confirmation, delivery updates, etc. For this, a message template approval is required from Facebook. We will help you throughout this process.
Important note: Additional pricing will be applicable for proactive messages. You can refer to this link for pricing: https://developers.facebook.com/docs/whatsapp/pricing/#pricing-rules
- Is there a cut-off time to message/respond to customers?
WhatsApp messages have a cut-off control that prevents messages from being delivered to users out of certain conditions.
Regular text messages or media messages (i.e., non-template messages) can only be delivered 24 hours after the last time the customer sent a message to your business.
Template Messages do not have this restriction.
You can also refer to this link: https://developers.facebook.com/docs/whatsapp/api/messages#cutoffcontrol
- When I write a single message with multiple line breaks, why does the message gets sent individually or in multiple fragments?
Whatsapp messages for Multi-line messages will be received as a Single message when sent from Freshchat to Whatsapp. This seems to be the behavior with Whatsapp since they don’t allow multiple Fragments to be received from our Service. For us, a message can have multiple fragments/parts. Each of them can be text, image, etc. Hence allowing us to combine multiple different contents in a single message.
But WhatsApp (or any other chat provider) does not support text and images in a multi-message. That being said, for multi-line messages sent directly by using SHIFT+ENTER, sending it will break down as Single messages and get sent, which is a technical limitation.