Once you've finished setting up your bots using the bot builder, you can deploy your bots on your website to start interacting with your customers. We offer two widgets to deploy your bots on your website:
- The self-service widget (optimized to make it easier for customers to help themselves), and
- The conversations widget (optimized for effective conversations between your customers and agents).
You can learn more about the differences between the widgets here.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Using the self-service widget to deploy bots on your website
- Using the conversations widget to deploy bots on your website
Using the self-service widget to deploy bots on your website
- While building your bot, select Web - Self-Service Widget as your bot channel.
- You will be directed to the bot creation page, where you can only use the elements supported by the self-service widget.
- Once you're satisfied with the bot you've built, navigate to Deploy > Check the name, email ID, and other parameters > Publish.
- The self-service widget script will automatically get generated when the page loads. However, if you're using any properties, make sure to click on Save to regenerate the script with the code for the properties you're using.
- Once the script is generated, click copy to copy the self-service widget script.
- Paste the bot widget script into your website or product, where you want the self-service widget to show up.
Note: Any changes you make to the bot builder after setting up the self-service widget script on your website will automatically reflect the changes on your website
Using the conversations widget to deploy bots on your website
While building your bot, select Web - Conversations Widget as your bot channel.
- You will be directed to the bot creation page, where you can only use the elements supported by the Conversations widget.
- Once you're satisfied with the bot you've built, navigate to Publish in the top right. After you publish your bot, click Deploy.
- You will now be redirected to the Topics page, where you can map relevant channels for the chatbot. Learn more about setting up Topics.
Note: Topics are dedicated channels in your conversations widget where your customers can ask about the specific Topic, either to agents (and agent groups) assigned to the Topic or to bots that can be deployed on each topic.
- Once you've set up the conversations widget, you can copy the widget script and paste it into your website or product, where you want the conversations widget to show up.
Consider updating the Privacy Notice on your website prior to deploying chatbots. Your use of chatbots may expand the scope of the personal information you collect from end users or expand the purpose and/or scope of your processing and use of such information; if that’s the case you should consider updating your Privacy Notice.
Click here to learn more about deploying your bots on different support channels.