When you have a global customer base, a bot talking to your customers in a language they best understand will improve your customer support and CSAT rating. You can configure your bots to work in multiple languages with the bot builder. If a particular conversation needs to be updated for another language, you can access it in the bot builder and update the conversation for just that language.
This is a guide to setting up bots in multiple languages. Click here to learn how you can deploy bots in multiple languages.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
A quick guide to setting up multilingual answers
- Go to Answers > Train your bot to configure answers in the bot builder.
- Click on the Edit icon for the required question.
- By default, English will be the primary language. You can configure the primary language under Settings > Manage language. All other languages will become the secondary languages for the bot.
- Once you set the primary language, you can configure the questions, answers, and variants for all other languages from the right panel under the Answers tab.
Note: You can't create new FAQs for different languages from here.
A quick guide to setting up multilingual flows
- Go to Flows > Configure > Multilingual and select the correct bot version.
- Use the drop-down to pick the required languages.
- The Download bot script button will download all your bot flows from the current version. The downloaded bot file will be in your account's primary language.
- Replace the text in your primary language with translations in the language in which you are offering customer service.
- Once you've completed the translations, you can click on the Upload file to upload the updated file against the corresponding language.
- The versioning feature supports multilingual translations. You do not have to worry about re-uploading the translation file for every version.
- If you change a new or draft version of the bot, you need to download the translation file again. However, the newly downloaded file will have older translations.
- You need to only add the translations for the changes and then upload it.
Note: The multilingual translation files are unique to each version of the bot. Uploading the translation file of one bot version to another bot version can cause issues.
You can configure the Answers module in Freshchat bots in the following supported languages: