Agents can set their status in Freshchat to record how they spend their time. Agents can update their real-time availability as statuses while letting Admins know how each Agent spends their time. Freshchat offers two Agent statuses out-of-the-box: Active on IntelliAssign and Unavailable.
As a Freshchat Admin, you can create new custom statuses for your team. You can define them based on how your team functions — you can include custom agent statuses such as 'In a Meeting,' 'Away for Coffee Break,' or 'On a Call.'
Setting up Agent Statuses
- Navigate to Admin settings > Agent Status
- Enable the New Status toggle to start using custom statuses, or disable it to restrict your agents to only use the default statuses
- Click the New status button to start creating a custom status. Choose a name and an emoji. These will be displayed for each agent who picks the status
- You can always modify or delete your custom statuses with the pencil and trash icons for each custom status, respectively
Using Agent Statuses
- Agents can update their status by clicking on their profile at the top right corner of the screen and selecting the respective status from the dropdown
- Agents will get a notification when they change their status and can see their current status next to their profile picture at the top right corner
Pointers for Agent Statuses:
- You cannot edit or delete the default statuses of Active on IntelliAssign and Unavailable
- Any Agent Status other than ‘Active on Intelliassign’ will be considered as ‘Inactive’ for the IntelliAssign chat assignment
- Admins can, however, create a maximum of 25 agent statuses
- Once an agent chooses a status, it will remain until the agent changes it again
- Reports such as Agent Status data can be obtained using Extract API or webhooks