Several organizations use a dedicated BI tool to visualize data and generate reports from multiple/various software tools that are used across an organization. Viewing such consolidated data on a single dashboard will provide the management with a clear picture of what’s happening in the organization. In order for this to work, relevant data from multiple business tools need to be exported and pushed into the BI tool for generating reports. Click here to know how you can schedule a data export in the CRM.
How to connect the data export scheduler with PowerBI?
Open PowerBI Desktop
Click Get data. Choose Get data from another so
Click the Other tab and choose web. Click Connect.
In the box that opens up, click Advanced
Under URL parts, copy and paste the Data Export API from the web application
Under HTTP request parameters, type Authorization in the first box. In the second box type in Token token=<Product API Key>
1) Go to Profile Settings > API Settings to get the Product API key.
2) Ensure there are no spaces in between ‘=’ and the Product API key.
In the Home tab that appears with the csv document URL, append Csv.document. The format should be Csv.Document(Web.Contents(csv document URL)). Eg.: = Csv.Document(Web.Contents("https://newcrmsignup1.int.myfreshworks.dev/crm/sales/api/analytic_reports/schedule/?id=25716ede-b6a9-44a5-b6ae-bd637e171bf3", [Headers=[Authorization="Token token=nzLislztKuSVFueVe_jZ0Q"]]))
Click the tick icon to populate the API data as a table
Use the filters on the right to visualize the data in a chart form.
1) Each export schedule is limited to 70 fields.
2) A maximum of 5 exports schedules per module are allowed.
3) Only incremental data is provided in the export schedule. For historical data, a one time export through a report is to be taken.