Personalize email templates for different contact segments in the mailing list, thereby enabling them to engage contacts with precision. Build a connection with your audience by sending relevant emails based on the selected segment. This ultimately adds to better campaign performance metrics.
Here’s how you can personalize campaigns:
1. To create an email campaign, choose from pre-built templates or create your own from scratch.
2. In the next screen, you can start designing your email using the drag-and-drop widgets. Add context to the email with the text widget. Use merge tags to personalize your email content for each contact. The placeholders will be filled in dynamically by the contact property values during email delivery. For example, by selecting the First Name, the first name of the user will be included in the email while sending.
3. Once the campaign is designed, you can configure the Campaign Settings. In this screen, you can set up the Sender and Reply-to email address. You can choose to personalize the Sender name and also set up a fall-back value.
4. Next, you can choose the List/Segment that will receive the email campaign. Click on the Recipient list dropdown and choose the segments that you wish to send your campaign to. If you choose more than one list/segment, you can personalize your email content for each segment and list.
Personalize your email template: You can personalize your email templates in the Design step by using the "Personalize" button on the top right corner. You can switch between different segments to make the required changes for each of the corresponding templates. It helps you send different email content to varying segments inside your list. It helps in analyzing which template has better engagement.
Note: The 'Personalize for' dropdown will appear only if you have chosen more than one segment from the recipient list of your campaign.
5. Once the template changes are done for each segment, click on the Save icon. To verify and reuse the templates, navigate to the Style tab and click on Saved subtab. A folder would have been created with the campaign name wherein you can view the templates for all the selected segments. These saved templates can be used later for other campaigns as well.