Modified on: Tue, 16 Jan, 2024 at 2:36 PM
TABLE OF CONTENTS
With Freshchat’s Telephony Partner Extension with Dialpad, you can bring your DIalpad account into Freshchat to meet all your customer support needs. With this integration, you can:
Extend phone as a channel and offer conversational experiences across traditional and modern channels
Improve agent productivity
Empower admins to improve processes
Note: This functionality is only available for accounts signed up after December 31, 2023 on the Pro & Enterprise plan.
Integrating Freshchat with Dialpad
Check out this video to understand how to integrate Freshchat with Dialpad.
You can also follow the steps mentioned below to integrate Freshchat with Dialpad.
Admins can integrate Dialpad with Freshchat by performing the following steps:
Go to Settings on the left navigation bar and click on “Phone” under the Channels section.
Choose Dialpad from the list of Phone channel providers.This step would lead you to the Dialpad page on the Freshchat marketplace. Click on Install again. Please bear in mind that you may install only one phone app at a time.
Provide your Freshchat Domain and API Key. You may find your Freshchat Domain by going to Settings->Admin Settings->API->APIs for Chat.
Provide your CRM API Key and hit Install. You may find your CRM API Key by going to Settings->API Settings->Your API Key.
Provide the Dialpad API Key ( Login to Dialpad -> Admin Settings -> My Company -> Authentication -> API Keys -> Create a new API Key & paste it in the Freshworks configuration page)
- Once installed, click on the Dialpad icon in the left navigation bar to load the widget.
- Enter your username and password.
- The Dialpad agent widget is now set and ready to use.
1. Mobile Number should be set as Unique field for conversations to be created inside freshchat instead of Email
2. The email ID of the logged in agent should be same in both Dialpad & Freshworks account.
Agent experience with the Dialpad integration
Start a new call
When the call is connected, a new conversation is created and the agent is redirected to the Inbox with that conversation open.
Once the call has ended, the chat bubble displays the details of the call with the call recording and an option to download the call recording.
Agents can perform action from within the widget itself. The list of actions are as follows:
When agents are on the inbox page or on any other page while they receive a call and answer it, a new conversation is created for the call and the agent is redirected to the inbox with that conversation open.
- Agents can view the contact by clicking on the “View Contact” button on the DIalpad widget which opens the Freshchat contact page on a new tab.
- Once the call has ended, the chat bubble indicates the details of the call and provides the recording of the call along with the option to download the call recording.
- While on the call, agents can add private notes on the Dialpad widget and click on “Done”. Once the call is ended, notes and tags added during the call appear as Private Notes on the Freshchat conversation inbox.
Incoming call is assigned to an agent from Dialpad based on the logged in timestamp
When the agents does not pick up the call, it will appear on the Conversation Inbox with the label “Missed Call”.
Agents will also be provided with an option to call the customer back from the same window.
Contact Needs to be manually updated in both CRM contacts page & Dialpad to be reflected in the widget
Did you find it helpful?
Can you please tell us how we can improve this article?