Conversation statuses is a way to indicate the current state of the conversation until resolution. By introducing conversation statuses, agents can provide more granular updates on the progress of a conversation, allowing them to manage their conversation queue and giving admins the visibility on the conversation lifecycle. These statuses can be used to visually indicate where a conversation is in the resolution process, making it easier for agents to manage and prioritise their workload.
The four Conversation statuses are:
1. Open (any ongoing conversations with the customer)
2. Waiting on customer (this status is used when the issue is unresolved but the agent is waiting to hear back from the customer for more details)
3. Waiting on internal teams (this status is used when the issue is unresolved but the agent is waiting to hear back from the internal team to unblock the customer)
4. Resolved (customer issue is resolved and no action is pending on the agent/support)
Why use Conversation statuses:
1. Increased transparency: It allows all stakeholders involved in the conversation to have a clear understanding of the current status and who is responsible for the next steps.
2. Improved efficiency: By keeping track of who needs to take action next, it can help to reduce delays and ensure that conversations are progressed in a timely manner.
3. Better collaboration: By providing clear information on the status of a conversation, it can help to foster collaboration between agents and departments.
How can we set the conversation status?
1. Waiting on customer (this status is used when the issue is unresolved but the agent is waiting to hear back from the customer for more details)
2. Waiting on internal teams (this status is used when the issue is unresolved but the agent is waiting to hear back from the internal team to unblock the customer)
Conversation Status are supported on Mobile apps
On Mobile app, agents can
view conversation properties tied to different interactions
populate or update conversation properties
update the mandatory conversation properties and resolve if any.
view the option to ‘view all the properties’ of the resolved interactions of the conversation
create or append a ticket in Freshdesk by filling the suitable conversation properties (including mandatory)
Manage inbox views based on different conversation statuses here
Here are the default views in Freshchat:
All open and unassigned: The view lists and shows you all the new and unassigned conversations.
My open: The view lists all the conversations assigned to you(agent).
My unresolved - this view includes all conversations assigned to an agent and yet to be resolved.
All open and assigned: The view lists all conversations that have been assigned to any agent in your team.
All unresolved - this view includes all conversations in the Freshchat account that are yet to be resolved.
All Resolved : All resolved views lists all the resolved conversations.
Bot : The Bot view lists all the ongoing conversations that your bots are handling
Creating a custom view with conversation status
The conversation status will be available in the dropdown in the custom view.
The conversation status can be used in advanced automation as well. The Admin should be able to configure advanced automation with conversation statuses.
When the condition satisfies, execute the actions as below
The admin has the option to disable schedule with a toggle switch. The admin can set the time to execute the action after 120 seconds. Also shown here are the events where the execution of actions needs to be canceled.
Intelliassign's flag can be used by businesses to reassign conversations to the next available agent when the initially assigned agent is unavailable. By default, the agent assignment is persisted when a conversation moves between any of the unresolved statuses. However, if the business wants to ensure, the conversation is assigned to an agent available on intelliassign, then can configure the settings in Intelliassign.
Analytics offers grouped conversations and agent/team performance based on status.
Filter and group-by options are available for conversation status.
Admins can use the conversation lifecycle report to track how long a conversation stays in a particular status.