What are tags?
Tags are unique identifiers that allow users to label records and help simplify sorting. Users can create and access tags for any of their records— Contacts, Accounts, Deals, Email templates and Files
You can create and use two types of tags:
Custom tags: These are the tags that can be created by users while adding a tag to a record. To learn how to add and use a custom tag on a record, refer to this article.
Default tags: Tags created from within the Tag settings page are referred to as Default tags and can be identified by the Default label. These tags show up as suggestions whenever users try to add tags to contacts, accounts, deals, emails and files.
How to create a default tag for Files?
Go to Admin Settings > Tags.
In the Tags page that opens up, you have the option to create tags for records (contacts, accounts and deals), email templates and files.
Under FILE TAGS, enter the name of the tag that you wish to create in the box beneath ‘Add a tag’ and click Add. A success notification appears once the new tag is added.
However, if a tag is already present under this name, you will receive an error notification. Change the name of the tag to make it unique.
How to Delete a tag?
To delete a tag, ensure that the tag is removed from all associated records. Once the tag is removed from all records, click the Delete icon to delete the tag.
How to add tags to a File as a User?
- On the record details page, go to Files > Add file.
- To add a new file, go to the 'Add New' tab. Once you upload your file, click the 'Add Tags' dropdown.
You can search for existing tags. If there are no tags that suit your purpose, create a new tag by simply filling in the name of the tag in the field.
- To add a file already existing in the CRM,
- Go to 'Add From Saved Files' or 'Add From Saved Links(Via URL)'
- Select the file that you would want to upload and click 'Add'- Add a tag to the newly added file and select the ✓ (check mark) to update the file
- If you wish to filter files by specific tags and add them to your record, navigate to the 'Filter by' option and choose the tags in the filter list as shown below.
How to filter files using tags?
- Navigate to the record detail page > Files section
- In the files section, there is an additional column for 'tags'. You can add, edit and remove tags from existing files.
- To filter files with a specific tag, click on the 'Filter by' dropdown. Select the tags you want to filter by and click on 'Apply'.