Under Conversation settings, you will be able to configure actions for your bot’s conversations like the Inactivity timer and what you would like to do with closed conversations. Let’s look at each of these in detail.
Note: If you are looking for information on the Conversations page which has information about all customer conversations, please read this article instead.
A quick guide to the Inactivity timer
The inactivity timer lets you select what action you want the bot to perform when there have been no responses from the customer. The inactivity timer works only when the bot is expecting a response from the customer as part of the bot flow. It doesn't work if the bot isn't expecting input or if the bot has responded through the Answers module.
- Navigate to the bots module > Open the chatbot of your choice > Settings > Conversation Settings.
Toggle the Inactivity timer to ON you will see a list of configuration actions
- Set the duration (in hrs and in mins) after which you want the bot to perform an action
- For example, if you set this to 1 hours and 30 minutes — the bot will perform predefined actions if it is inactive in a conversation for 1 hours and 30 minutes.
- Select the action to perform after the inactivity timer runs out. You can choose from three options:
- Resolve conversation: The conversation will be marked as resolved and will be reopened when the customer continues to respond.
- Transfer to agent: The conversation is pushed to the agent queue — based on how you have configured conversation assignment in Freshchat — this conversation will be assigned to an agent.
- Trigger a flow: The conversation will continue in a different bot flow that you can specify from the next dropdown.
Your bot will trigger the action chosen once the conversation has been inactive for the configured time duration.
A quick guide to the conversation history
- You can toggle this ON to hide your closed conversation history and your customers will be greeted with a blank bot when they start their next conversation.
- If this is switched off, your customers can read their whole history of continuous conversations.
The Conversation history feature is available only on the self-service widget. This means that you can choose to hide the conversation history only in the self-service widget.