The Chatbot System Performance Report provides metrics corresponding to the API calls made in the bot flow through the APIs configured. The report helps you determine the number of API calls made by each flow, each conversation, and each bot. It gives you the list of API calls that succeeded and failed, with which you can moderate the API commands. It is also important to know the traffic flow of the API calls made in a certain period to streamline the bot flows.
- By default, the report presents data from the last 30 days, but you can customize the date range or apply various group by filters.
- You can export the report to your mail or download the report as PDF.
- As this is a curated report, you cannot edit the report or add new metrics/filters. However, you can clone the report or create a custom report and add your preferred widgets/metrics.
To access the report:
Go to Support Analytics and click Curated Reports from the left panel.
Choose System Performance Report from the list of curated reports.
The report is split into the following tabs, each consisting of data/widgets specific to API efficiency, volume, and performance:
API volume analysis
This tab gives the volume trend of APIs used by your bots. It comprises the following key widgets:
- Overall utilization and performance: Gives you the API calls made by your bots in the last 30 days. You can filter by bots, flows, and/or API names to look at the utilization at a more granular level.
- API calls grouped by response status: This report uses the standard HTTP status codes to indicate the success, in-progress, or failure states of an API request. The standard HTTP status codes used by Freshchat are as follows:
- 200 - Success Request
- 202 - Accepted
- 400 - Bad Request
- 401 - Unauthenticated Request
- 403 - Forbidden
- 404 - Not Found
- 429 - Too Many Requests
- 500 - Internal Server Request
- 503 - Service Unavailable
- API calls grouped by API name: This widget is a great way to look at API call volume by an API name. The same API may be used across many of your bot flows. For example, you may need to verify your customers' ID across multiple bots. This gives you the overall number of such requests and allows you to streamline your flows.
- API calls volume trend: This widget allows you to analyze which days your bots had to handle the maximum traffic based on the metric of API calls.
- API calls grouped by bot: This widget gives you the number of API calls made per bot. It is another way to optimize your bot flows based on the number of calls made.
API response time analysis
This tab gives you insights into the average response time your APIs take to verify details, give a response, etc. The key widgets include:
- Average response time grouped by bot: You can use this to analyze your fastest to slowest bot and work on reducing the average time a customer spends waiting for a response from them.
- Average response time grouped by API name: Use these insights to optimize your API calls which in turn would reduce the time taken by a bot to resolve your customers’ problems.
- Average response time grouped by response status: Find out how much time is taken by your APIs in success, in-progress, or failure states and use it for detecting anomalies or failures in your bot flows.
- Average response time trend: This widget allows you to analyze the time taken by your API calls on a daily basis.
Bot response efficiency
This tab gives you insights into how much time a customer had to wait before getting a response from your bots. The key widgets include
- Average bot response time: Find the overall time your bots take to respond to a query.
- Average bot response time trend: Find out day-to-day variations in response time from your bot.
- Average bot response time by bot: Use this in tandem with the ‘Average response time grouped by bot’ widget in the API response time analysis tab to analyze your fastest to the slowest bot. Gain insights on reducing the average time a customer spends waiting for a response.
- Response time group by user input dialog and bot response dialog: Find out how much time a user takes to type a message and compare it with the time a bot takes to respond to the same message.
List of attributes (metrics, filters, and group by)
Each widget in this report comprises metrics/attributes from different modules on Chat and Bot analytics. For example, the API Volume Analysis tab is created using metrics from the API response module.