The Chat Conversations Overview report provides detailed KPIs for chat conversations through volume, performance, and CSAT analysis.
- By default, the report presents data from the last 30 days, but you can customize the date range or apply various group by filters like group name or agent name.
- You can export the report to your mail or download the report as PDF.
- As this is a curated report, you cannot edit the report or add new metrics/filters. However, you can clone the report or create a custom report and add your preferred widgets/metrics.
To access the report:
- Go to Support Analytics and click Curated Reports from the left panel.
- Choose Chat Conversations Overview Report from the list of curated reports.
The report is split into the following tabs:
The overall tab lets you view key widgets on conversation performance, enabling you to make critical decisions on improving the efficiency and customer satisfaction of support service.
The key widgets include:
- Overall performance analysis: Provides a snapshot of conversation performance, including average response times, wait times, resolution rates, and CSAT scores.
- Conversations initiated trends: Shows the trends in conversation creation over time. Analyzing spikes in conversation initiation can help you identify patterns or potential issues that require attention, allowing you to proactively manage chat volumes and resources.
- Productivity metrics trend: View trends of how effective your conversations using performance metrics such as wait times, response times, and resolution times. This data helps you gauge the efficiency of your support agents and identify any bottlenecks that might be hindering their performance.
- Conversations grouped by status: Lets you view the number of conversations based on their status, enabling you to take quick actions on open items and manage ongoing chats more effectively.
- Conversations grouped by assignment status: Breaks down conversations based on their assignment status. With this data, you can ensure to distribute chats to your agent and effectively balance the workload, leading to enhanced customer satisfaction.
- Conversations grouped by priority: Presents conversations categorized by their priority levels. With this data, you can easily prioritize high-priority conversations and meet critical customer needs promptly.
The tab provides deeper insights into the key widgets available in the "Overall" tab and lets you gain more detailed understanding of your chat support effectiveness.
The key widgets include:
- Conversations initiated within/outside business hours: Allows you to analyze the effectiveness of your business hours settings. For example, an increase in conversations outside business hours may indicate that you have to adjust the settings.
- Reopened Conversations: View the count of reopened conversations to evaluate the efficiency of your agents in resolving issues. If the number of reopened conversations is high, it is possible that your customers are not receiving satisfactory resolutions.
- Conversations Grouped by Type: With this data, you can identify the conversation type for which a higher number of conversations are initiated and lets you focus on improving support for specific topics. For example, if you notice a significant number of conversations related to refunds, consider adding FAQs to address refund-related queries.
- Conversations Grouped by Channel: Lets you view conversations based on their source channel. Understanding the distribution of conversations across different channels (e.g., chat, social media, email) can help you optimize your support resources.
The CSAT tab offers comprehensive data on customer feedback for conversations, allowing you to understand customer satisfaction levels and identify areas for improvement. The tab comprises the following key widgets:
- CSAT Volume Analysis:Gives a snapshot of the number of the CSAT reviews, including satisfactory/unsatisfactory conversations and start ratings received. This data gives you an overview of customer satisfaction levels and helps identify any patterns in positive or negative feedback.
- CSAT Volume Analysis Trends: Lets you analyze the trends in CSAT ratings over a specific period. Monitoring the changes in customer satisfaction trends helps you understand how your chat support is evolving over time and spot any significant shifts.
- Average Star Rating Trend: Provides insights into the star ratings given by customers over time, enabling you to understand the fluctuations in star ratings and identify customer experiences with your agents during conversations. With this data, you can identify areas where your agents excel and areas that may require improvement.
- Conversation-Based CSAT Analysis: Lets you analyze CSAT ratings based on different conversation types and helps you understand how customer satisfaction varies across various types of interactions. By recognizing patterns in CSAT ratings for specific conversation types, you can implement targeted improvements and provide better support.
- Agent-Based CSAT Analysis: Lets you analyze CSAT ratings based on individual agents. With this data, you can identify your top and low-performing agents as well as those who may need additional training or support.
List of attributes (metrics, filters, and group by)
Each widget in this report comprises metrics/attributes from different modules on Chat and Bot analytics. For example, the CSAT Volume Analysis widget is created using metrics from the Conversations module.