Every conversation your customer has with your bot is recorded on the Conversations page. You can view all the messages exchanged between your bot and the customer on this page in real time. Apply filters to dive into conversations and access customer details, activity logs, and API calls made with your bots.
- Navigate to the Conversations menu to see all the past conversations between your bot and your customers.
- The conversation list page will show all the conversations depending on the timestamp of the conversation. The latest conversation will come on top regardless of the version selected in the top nav bar of the conversation list page.
- You can also use the filters (such as by time, conversation status, customer details, or the external conversation ID) available on the right to customize and view just a list of tickets you want to see or start working on
- All current, ongoing, and resolved conversations are listed here. The conversation list page will show all the conversations depending on the timestamp of the conversation. The latest conversation will come on top regardless of the version selected in the top nav bar of the conversation list page.
- You can also use the search bar to search for a particular conversation and get more details about it. Agents can enter the Freschat conversation ID, bot conversation ID, or the conversation alias to search for the respective bot conversation.
- In the conversation list, you will be able to view:
- Conversation ID: A unique ID that is given to every conversation
- Customer Name: The name of the customer who interacted
- Time: This is when the conversation was initiated
- Status: The status in which the conversation is (Open, Closed, New, etc.)
- New: When the customer has not initiated/replied to the conversation.
- Open: When the customer replies in the conversation.
- Closed: When the current conversation is ended or resolved.
- Define the necessary filters on the right panel to view the desired list of conversations. You can also reset all the filters you set up and start fresh:
- Time: Either a custom time range or one of the predefined default time frame
- Conversation status: New or Open or Closed or Closed by customer
- Customer: The name of the customer
- External conversation ID: A unique ID that is given to the conversation based on your bot's location (webpage, mobile app, etc.)
- Once you’ve filtered through the conversations or searched through the conversations, you can click on the conversation card to view the complete conversation. On this page, you will view three different tabs: Messages, Activity Logs, and API calls:
- The conversation page loads across all the versions of your bot. Any filters that you apply will return results across all your bot versions.
Here, you will be able to see every message exchanged between the bot and your customer. You can also click on the messages to navigate to the respective flow that was triggered. You can use this to diagnose and fix the flow that you want your customers to experience. You can also navigate directly to the specific dialog to update the flow.
Clicking on the activity logs page, you’ll be able to find a log of all the activities of that conversation, with the last activity displayed first. You will be able to see exactly
- when each message was sent,
- what actions were triggered,
- what conditions were checked for any remote API calls were made, and
- error messages relating to what went wrong so you can revisit your bot configuration.
The API calls page will show you all the API calls triggered for that conversation. These API calls are based on your configurations under the API library. You can click on the respective log to see the API call that was made, the call status, and the response parameters that were passed.
Note: We’re making some changes to our data retention policy to improve our response times.
Note: Any data about Activity logs and API calls older than 30 days will not be available from Conversations. This includes the IP address data and landing URL data of contacts older than 30 days.
There is a common properties pane on the right for all tabs mentioned above. You’ll find the contact details and conversation details.
- Contact details display the customer’s ID, IP address, landing URL, and network
- Conversation information will contain the conversation ID, status, and bot version
Any custom properties that you set will also appear here.