Airlines, in general, have a cascade of incoming inquiries on flight bookings, flight status, requests to book tickets, etc. With the Airline travel template, you can automate the handling of these inquiries, and help them navigate through their requirements easily to save time.
You can tweak the airline travel planning bot template to suit the kind of services that you provide. For example, you can modify existing flows, add more dialogs depending on your use case, use the Answers module for handling FAQs, and more. You can also customize your bot to match your brand and deploy it on the self-service widget.
The airlines travel bot template covers the most common flows for Flight information and Payment information. Let’s look at each of these in detail.
- Book a flight: Enable customers to book domestic flights by fetching relevant information. You can redirect them to your website for international bookings.
Flight status: Enable customers to check their flight status by fetching their PNR number.
Get itinerary: Display customers’ flight itineraries by fetching their PNR number. Display details like from and to location, departure and arrival time, layover details (if any), and more. You can also provide options to book a meal, add excess baggage, etc., by redirecting them to your website.
Download boarding pass: Enable customers to download their boarding pass by fetching their PNR number. You can provide a downloadable link that has the boarding pass that customers can use.
Generate bag tag: You can fetch the PNR number from customers and provide a downloadable link for bag tags. You can also set a condition to check if the travel date range is within 24 hours before generating the tag.
Web check-in: You can set a condition to check if the customer’s flight is within the next 48 hours, and allow them to check in online with their PNR number.
Reschedule: You can display the actual booking information based on the customer's PNR number and post-confirmation, you can redirect them to your website to reschedule their flight.
- Payment status: Display the flight ticket payment status to customers by fetching their PNR number generated while booking.
- Refund status: Display the flight ticket refund status to customers by fetching their PNR number generated while booking.
- Reward points: Display the reward points balance to customers by fetching their registered phone number.
The following are to be considered if you’re deploying this bot template for your business:
- API Library: The default API endpoints that come with the template are dummy. Make sure to remove the dummy URLs, response parameters, payload content, and update the API library with your business’ APIs.
- Placeholder: Responses in the bot flow are static because no placeholders were used. Depending on whether responses to the questions are fetched from an external source (through APIs), make sure to replace the dummy static responses with placeholders of the response parameters.
- Authenticating using OTP: All the relevant flows, by default, have the native OTP authentication enabled for ensuring secure transactions/conversations.