Versioning enables you to create and manage multiple releases or versions of the same bot.
- If you want to add or optimize existing workflows in a published bot, you can create a new version of your existing bot. Please note that you can only create a version of a published bot or an unpublished bot.
- To create a new version of a published bot, click on the + New version button.
- This will create a draft version of your current bot.
Note: Please note that you can only have one draft version of your bots.
- If you try to create a version of your bot while another draft exists, you will get this prompt:
- If you click the Confirm button, the existing draft will become unpublished.
- The current draft version that you are working on will be saved as the draft version.
- You can easily switch between the different versions.
Note: Please note that the script to deploy the bot will only load the published version of the bot at any given point in time.
- Once you have configured and tested the bot's latest version, you can go ahead and publish it to your customers.
What are the different types of versions?
Your chatbot can exist in one of the following three versions:
Draft: A chatbot version that has not gone live and has never been published. Usually, the latest version of the chatbot will generally be the draft version before it gets published.
Published: A chatbot version that has gone live and can start interacting with customers. The bot can have only one published version at any instant of time. Whenever the bot script is loaded externally (in a web page/app), the bot's published version is available for customer interaction.
Unpublished: A version of the chatbot that was once published, but rolled back due to a different release or issue. This bot is not visible to customers, nor can it be edited. A new version has to be created to edit the bot.
Note: You can only edit Draft versions of your bot. You cannot edit published and unpublished versions of your bots.
Which modules are subjected to versioning?
- API Library
- Custom properties
- Holistic View
- Multilingual properties
- Quick Actions
- Custom properties