The Quick Actions feature enables customers to move around quickly while interacting with your bot. You can allow your customers to go to the previous or a different dialog or conversation at any point in time with just a click of a button or shortcuts that you set up.
Note: Predefined buttons and the widget menu will only be available when you’re using the conversations widget or self-service widget. They are not supported if you deploy the bot on messaging channels.
Setting up Quick Actions
- Click on Flows > Configure > Quick actions from the menu.
- You can see the default list of quick actions available:
- Go back: Allow customers to go back to the previous menu.
- Start again: Allow customers to start from the beginning of the bot flow.
- Looking for something else: Allow customers to search for another query with the help of intent detention.
Note: This option will be visible by default only if you enable Natural Language Settings.
- Resend OTP: Allow customers to resend OTP if you have set up OTP Authentication in your flows.
Note: This option will be visible by default only if you have configured OTP authentication.
- To create a new action, click New quick action.
- Enter the Label name.
- Select the dialog the quick action should lead to.
- Choose the required type of quick action:
- Predefined buttons: Choose this option if the defined quick action is to be a button in the flow. This button can show up for all dialogs when your customers interact with the bot by default by selecting the checkbox.
- Widget menu: Choose this option if the defined quick action is to show up as part of the widget menu.
- Slash command: Choose this option if the defined quick action should be triggered by a / command in the input box.
- Click the Save.
Quick Actions in the bot builder
Note: Slash commands and widget menu options can be defined globally (for all dialogs) but are not customizable for every conversation.
Preset buttons can be defined globally and are customizable for every conversation.
- You can see the option to enable/disable preset buttons in each dialog
This is how quick actions appear in the self-service widget:
This is how quick actions appear in the conversations widget: