Your inbox is full of messages from multiple conversations. You can use specific Views to filter out and show one type of conversation for your team to work on.
How to use Views:
- Click on the name of the view that is currently being displayed. It is set to Assigned to Me by default.
- This will display the list of all the views (default and custom) that are available for you to access. This will also show your the number of conversations in each of these views.
You get five default views when you start using Freshchat.
- New: The New View lists out and shows you all the new and unassigned conversations.
- All Assigned: The All Assigned View lists all conversations that have been assigned to any agent in your team. The All Assigned View will show you the list of conversations that are not listed in the New View.
- Assigned to Me: The Assigned to Me View lists all the conversations assigned to you. The Assigned to Me View is a subset of the All Assigned View.
- Resolved: The Resolved View lists all the resolved conversations.
- Bot Conversations: The Bot Conversations View lists out all the ongoing conversations that your bots are handling.
You can also create any custom views based on your requirements. In case a conversation has been resolved, every agent will have access to previous messages and can learn what conversations have taken place previously. An admin can shadow her or his agent and understand who is working on what.
- Click on the name of the view that is currently being displayed.
- The sidebar will open up with a list of all active views. The bottom of the sidebar will have a New Custom View button.
- You can now define a new custom view. You can filter conversations by Topics, Status, Groups, and Agents.
- You can also choose to
- only show Away Conversations so that you can quickly catch up with the conversations that came in when you were Away
- allow the rest of your team to make use of the view so that all of you can quickly pick the conversations you are working on