Note: If you're looking for the Slack integration that lets you collaborate within teams using Slack threads and private notes on Freshchat — please switch over to this article.
Integrate Slack with Freshchat and get a two-way app to chat with and support your customers. You can respond to customers and convert visitors directly from Slack, the app you already have open all day. You can even route conversations to a specific channel.
You can do the following:
Get notified in Slack when a customer or a visitor starts a conversation or replies to a conversation.
Reply to customers and visitors, and add teammates to a conversation.
How to integrate Slack and Freshchat?
- Log in to Freshchat as an admin.
- Go to Admin > Integrations > Slack.
- Click Connect.
- Enter your Slack workspace URL where you want to connect to Freshchat.
- Authorize and allow Freshat to access your workspace.
- A new channel (freshchat-messages) will be automatically created in your slack account to receive messages with you in the channel. Alternatively, you can send incoming messages to a different channel.
Note: You can add other team members the channel directly on Slack.
Set up a custom command to reply to chats from Slack
- You can set up a custom command to reply to Freshchat conversations from Slack. Click here.
- Add the command you want to use to reply to messages. For example, you can use ‘/reply’ as a command.
Add URL and Token
- Scroll down to Integration Settings in your Slack account and add the URL. This is the Slack Command URL in your Freshchat Slack Integrations page.
- Copy the token from your Slack account and paste it into the ‘Slack Command Token’ text box on your Freshchat Slack integration page.
- Add a hint to your slash command.
You can add an autocomplete help text to your Slash command to give a hint to your teammates. Scroll down, select the ‘Show this command…’ text box, and add the description and usage hint. Make sure you add the same command you chose in your first step.
- Click Save.