TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Signing up or integrating your WhatsApp Business number with Freshchat
- Verifying your Facebook Business Manager
WhatsApp Business API enables companies to communicate with their customers and provides them with an easy way to ask questions, make purchases and seek support. With Freshchat, companies have access to WhatsApp for effectively managing WhatsApp conversations at scale.
Read this article to understand a brief overview and pricing
- Kindly read this article to understand the differences between WhatsApp Business API ( the solution we provide) and the regular WhatsApp Consumer/Business app.
- WhatsApp's commerce policy: Your integration will be active only if WhatsApp approves your number. Your WhatsApp account and number will be banned if you violate commerce policies.
- Phone Number
This number would need to be authenticated through a Call or SMS. It must not be associated at the time of integration with a WhatsApp Business Mobile App for iOS and Android or with a WhatsApp Business Account hosted by another business service provider. Learn more about the next steps if you are currently using a WhatsApp Business Mobile App for iOS and Android or looking to migrate from another WhatsApp Business Service Provider.
- Facebook Business Account
We’d suggest authenticating with the correct Facebook Account to ensure you can use your existing Facebook Business Account for your business. Please note that you can also sign up for a new Facebook Business Account while connecting your number. We strongly recommend verifying your Facebook Business Account to remove any limitations.
- Switching from WhatsApp Business Mobile App for iOS and Android
In case you have an active Whatsapp account on a mobile device - To connect with the chat account, you need to delete the WhatsApp account from the app. Navigate to the WhatsApp app > Settings > Account > Delete my account.
Please note that:
- You will not be able to use WhatsApp on your phone after integration, and your previous conversation history/contacts are not migrated to Freshchat.
- If you wish to move back to WhatsApp Business Mobile App post integrating with Freshchat, you’d need to write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will assist you.
- Migrating from another WhatsApp Business Service Provider
If your WhatsApp number is connected to another WhatsApp Business Service provider, please reach us at email@example.com, and we will assist you with migrating your number to Freshworks.
Signing up or integrating your WhatsApp Business number with Freshchat
To set up this integration, you must be an Admin in Freshchat and your brand's Facebook Business Manager Account.
Note: WhatsApp will run background checks on your brand once you have connected the number to the chat account.
- Go to Admin settings > WhatsApp.
- Click on the Add Number button and log in to Facebook. If you have already logged in, a window will pop up asking if you would like to"Continue as <your name"? Click to proceed.
- You can log in and continue using your registered email ID or phone number.
- Follow the steps as shown in this video to complete the registration process for your WhatsApp Business number. After verifying your number using OTP, your sign-up will be complete.
Once your number is verified and selected from the dropdown, the status will be marked as Setup Pending.
Once your number is added, it will be marked as ‘Setup pending’ After a few minutes, the status will change to 'Active’.
Verifying your Facebook Business Manager:
Once Meta verifies your Facebook Business Manager account, you can initiate unlimited conversations. But, if your business is unverified, here are some limitations you will face.
- You can start only 50 business-initiated conversations in a 24-hour rolling window.
- You can respond to customer-initiated conversations without any restrictions.
- You can only have 2 WhatsApp business numbers in an unverified Facebook Business Manager account.
You can continue using the number with the restrictions mentioned above if the business verification is unsuccessful.
If your Facebook business account is not verified, you may request verification to ensure the Facebook Business Account is authenticated, including proof of legal entity and access to the business. This way, your business will be verified, and you can interact with your customers via WhatsApp without limitations. Read more about Verifying your Business in WhatsApp Business Manager here.
Besides this, WhatsApp conducts several checks to ensure the WhatsApp Business Account (WABA) and the display/Business name comply with WhatsApp policies.
1. My Meta/Facebook Business Manager Account is not verified. Can I still connect WhatsApp to my account?
Yes. You can still enable WhatsApp API integration with an unverified Meta/Facebook Business Manager Account.
2. What are the advantages of having a verified Meta/Facebook Business Manager Account?
- Only Verified Meta Business Manager Accounts are eligible for WhatsApp verified accounts badge.
- Can send templated messages to 1k/phone numbers / within 24 hours with the option to increase the limit. Click here to learn more about increasing this limit.
3. Why is the "Add Number” option greyed out in my account?
Your Freshchat account is currently in trial, and a number has already been added. Please note that only one number is supported during the trial. This restriction will be lifted once you convert to a paid plan from the Growth plan onwards.
4. I am unable to complete the setup. I'm getting the message -"Error integrating number".
The number you are trying to connect has its display name rejected. You can retry with a new display name. If this is not the case or if this issue persists, please get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Once your display name is approved, please go through the same onboarding process again, and your number will be connected.
5. My Display name got rejected. What are the next steps?
If your display name gets rejected, try editing the display name by clicking on the name, and the edit option will pop up.
If the display name still gets rejected, reach us at email@example.com, and we will assist you with the next steps.
6. My WhatsApp Business Account got rejected. How can I overturn the rejection?
All WhatsApp accounts will undergo an approval process once you connect them. If your brand is rejected, please check the WhatsApp commerce policy to see if you violated any of the policies mentioned.
WhatsApp commerce page - https://www.whatsapp.com/legal/commerce-policy/
If your brand does violate any of mentioned policies, then there isn't a way to overturn the rejection.
If your business does not violate any guidelines, kindly email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with a brief explanation of why your brand doesn't violate any policies.
7. I receive an error message stating that the number is already associated with a WhatsApp account. How do I proceed further?
This error occurs in mainly two scenarios.
A. You have an active Whatsapp account on the mobile device - To connect with the chat account, you need to delete the WhatsApp account from the app.
Navigate to the WhatsApp app > Settings > Account > Delete my account.
Please note that you will not be able to use WhatsApp on your phone after integration, and your previous conversation history/contacts are not migrated to Freshchat.
B. Your WhatsApp number is connected to another provider - In this case, please reach out to us at email@example.com, and we will assist you with migrating your number to Freshworks.
8. How to add additional numbers to my account? Are there any extra charges?
You can add multiple numbers to your chat account, and there is no extra charge for adding additional numbers. WhatsApp charges you only based on your usage.
Please go through the same process as you did with the first number to add multiple numbers.