TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Assigning conversations from Instagram to your agents
- Creating bots on Instagram on Chat
- Message types supported on Instagram
Connect your existing Instagram Business accounts with Chat and start engaging with your customers. Supported by the Freshworks Neo platform’s Messaging API, this integration will enable you to send and receive Instagram direct messages from within Chat. You can respond to story replies, direct messages, and comments and deploy bots to support your customers effectively.
- An active Instagram Business account with a Facebook page connected to it.
- You must be the administrator of the Instagram account and the Facebook page.
- You need to enable message control to manage messages over API.
Connect your Instagram business account to your Facebook business page
- Go to Facebook Page Settings → Instagram.
- In case you have connected your Facebook Business page from the Instagram mobile app, please disconnect and reconnect from the Facebook Business page.
- Enable Message Control Connected Tools Settings.
Check out the video below to understand how to integrate your Instagram account with Chat.
Connect your Instagram Business account with Chat in a few simple steps!
- Go to Admin → Channels → Instagram DM.
- Click on ‘Add Account’.
- You will get redirected to the ‘Log in to Facebook’ page. Sign in to your Instagram Business account
- You should get directed to an authorization page once you sign in. Click on ‘Continue’ to authorize (Chat) Freshworks to access your Instagram DM.
- On the next screen, you can select the Instagram Business accounts you want to connect to your Chat account - you can select up to 50 accounts. (Please note the Instagram Business account must have a Facebook page connected to it)
- You may choose which Business Pages (linked to the Instagram Business account) you’d like to connect with your Chat account.
- Configure permissions to enable the integration.
- Now, you are all set to start supporting your customers through Instagram DM from Chat!
Configure Freshworks App as Primary Receiver in Facebook page settings
In Facebook Page Settings -> Advanced Messaging - > Handover Protocol -> Instagram Receiver -> Select Freshworks App.
You can connect up to 50 Instagram Business accounts and choose to remove the account from within your Chat instance at any point in time.
We have recently refreshed our branding across our offerings and changed the names of our pricing plans. If you have signed up before Aug 9, 2021, please click Previous plans to view your applicable plans. We assure you that this change will not impact your product experience, and no action is required on your part.
Please note that the integration will not work if the prerequisites are not met.
Assigning conversations from Instagram to your agents
Each Instagram page also gets its own Topic in Admin > Topics. You can use it to further enhance your customer service experience by having a specialized agent group handle these questions by assigning the Topic (all the questions from Instagram) to the group.
Creating bots on Instagram on Chat
When creating the bot, you can select Instagram in the first step right after naming the bot.
Message types supported on Instagram
Yes - Supported, No - Not supported, NA - Not supported by Apple's Messages for Business.
Instagram-specific message types supported:
- Message & comments on a post: Get notified about direct messages and comments on your post
- Get notified about story replies and story mentions
- Attach images, and send emojis to your responses.