TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Prerequisites: What do you need before you integrate
- Connecting your Facebook messenger account with Chat
- Creating bots on Facebook Messenger from Chat
- Assigning conversations from Facebook Messenger to your bot/Agent Groups
- How Facebook messages work in Chat
- Message types supported on Facebook messenger
- Reply Window
The Facebook messenger integration enables you to route all messages from your Facebook pages to your Chat Inbox and keep all your customer communication in one place. You can read, manage and respond to messages you receive directly from your Chat inbox.
- We’ll route all messages from your Facebook pages to your Chat Inbox, which will help keep all your customer communication in one place.
- You can read, manage and respond to messages you receive directly from your Chat inbox.
Prerequisites: What do you need before you integrate
- You need to be an Admin of your Facebook page and an Admin on Chat.
Note: 1. You can connect only one Facebook Business account (that can support up to 100 pages) simultaneously with one Freshchat account. 2. If you are creating a new FB Page, you will need to wait for 60 minutes before integrating it with Freshchat
Connecting your Facebook messenger account with Chat
- Go to Admin > Channels > Facebook Messenger.
- Click Connect and log in to your Facebook account.
- Login with your Facebook credentials and authorize the integration by clicking Continue.
- Select the Facebook pages that you want to integrate with Chat.
- You can now allow what Chat can do by selecting the required options.
- Facebook is now linked to your Chat account.
- You must move the toggle to the right for the pages you want to connect with Chat. By selecting it from the drop-down, you can assign incoming messages from your different Facebook pages to different teams (groups).
- Once you’ve integrated Facebook with Chat, anytime someone sends you a Facebook message, it will appear in your Chat inbox. You can quickly see if that message was sent from Facebook by checking the ‘Facebook’ tag below your message.
Creating bots on Facebook Messenger from Chat:
When creating the bot, you can select Facebook Messenger in the first step right after naming the bot.
To know more about setting up a bot flow, read this article.
Assigning conversations from Facebook Messenger to your bot/Agent Groups:
Each Facebook page also gets its own Topic in Admin > Topics. You can use it to further enhance your customer service experience by having a specialized agent group handle these questions by assigning the Topic (all the questions from the Facebook page) to the group.
Message types supported on Facebook messenger
Agents can respond to messages for up to a 7-day window from the time of the last message from the customer. The 7-day reply window is refreshed each time a user responds to a business via DM.