Once you configure your Freshchat account to support multiple languages, you can translate your FAQ articles into these languages. For example, if you have added French and Spanish as supported languages, you can create a version of all your FAQ articles in these languages.
How to translate FAQs
- To translate FAQs, click on the FAQs icon in the left menu bar
- Pick a category and click on the language against the FAQ article you want to translate
Pro-tip: Each language icon with translated content will be in blue, while grey indicates that you are yet to add translated content in that language. Click on ‘Show disabled languages’ to see the list of languages yet to be translated.
- Add the translated content for the category title and description
- Next, add translations for your article title and content
- The tags and platforms you configure for the default language will apply to all translations
- Select ‘Hide this FAQ for…’ checkbox to save the article as a draft, if you don’t want to go live with it immediately
- You can preview FAQ articles in a specific language by selecting the language from ‘Preview FAQs in’ drop-down.
You can also check out our developer’s documentation on the multilingual features.