Let customers know when to expect a response
In Freshchat, it is easy to show your users your team’s availability and when they can expect a response from your team. You can do this in four different ways in Freshchat:
- Display live response time (real-time value calculated based on your team’s performance)
- Customize response expectations for individual Topics
- Set your work timings with Business Hours
- Let customers know you are OOO with Offline Experience
- Or mail your response to your users
This allows your user to plan their next move based on real-time information. If your team normally responds in a few minutes, your customer might choose to wait for your response. Or if you normally respond within a few hours, they’ll know to move on to doing something else.
Display your team’s live response time
Freshchat automatically calculates response times based on your team’s response rate in real-time. You can display this time to give a fair picture to your users about when they can expect a reply from your team.
- Go to Admin > Chat Widget Settings > Response Expectations
- You can pick either Response Time or Time for First Response
- Response time is the overall average time of all the responses sent by your team
- Time for the first response is the average time your team takes to send the first reply to a user once the chat gets assigned to them
You can see the real-time values of these two options in the Freshchat Dashboard under the Speed of Response widget.