Freshworks CRM provides a unified tracking code that lets you:
- Track page visits
- Track form submissions from your website and store them as contacts in your CRM
- Track custom events
- Embed web messenger(chat widget) on your website
- Run conversion rate optimization experiments (after the add-on purchase)
Integrate CRM tracking code on your website
- Under Admin settings, navigate to CRM Tracking Code.
- Copy and paste the code snippet before the <head> tag of your web pages.
Installing Web Messenger
- Freshworks CRM, by default, displays the web messenger(chat widget) on all the pages where the code is integrated. To disable the chat widget, uncheck the below box.
- Once unchecked, the script will be generated with the parameter *chat=false* Use this script to integrate the code. If unchecked, simply add the parameter *chat=false* directly to the code, to disable the chat widget
- You can email this code to your developer directly from the CRM.
- You can choose to include the jQuery library in the code. If you are building your own jQuery library, we recommend avoiding trimming it and use a version greater than 1.10.0.
- Once you’ve installed the code on your website, make sure that the code is properly integrated by verifying it in the box below.
Tracking Page Visits
- Enter the domain name for the page visits that need to be tracked. Ensure that the tracking code is integrated with the domains added.
Create and update contacts
- Freshworks CRM can capture contact details (from web forms) and store them. Use the below code to create new contacts.
- Use the below code to track contacts’ website actions and update them on the CRM. Examples include updating payment information, address change, etc.
Track Custom EventsFreshworks CRM can track custom events on your website like content downloads, abandoned carts, etc. These events include properties unique to every event captured. Events can then be used to create segments, marketing journeys, or view contact’s activities on the activity timeline.
- Use the trackCustomEvent method to track custom events on your website.
Note: Email address is mandatory for tracking custom events.