Workflows in Freshworks CRM help to automate repetitive tasks and cut manual labor out of your sales process. Workflows perform predetermined actions when an event trigger occurs at a specific date/time. You can automatically update record properties, send emails, create tasks, set reminders, and send notifications to third party apps via webhooks based on specific criteria.
Set up workflows
- To set up a new workflow, go to Admin settings > Automation (under Sales Force Automation) > Workflows and click Create workflow.
- A workflow configuration will require the following elements:
- NAME AND DESCRIPTION: specifies the name and describes what the workflow does.
- WHICH RECORD TYPE DOES THIS WORKFLOW APPLY TO?: specifies the record type on which the workflow is executed.
- WHEN DO YOU WANT TO EXECUTE THIS WORKFLOW?: specifies the entry point for the workflow. There are two types of entry points you can choose from.
- Based on record action
- When the record is created: the workflow is executed only when the record is created.
- When the record is created or updated: the workflow is executed every single time the record is created or updated to modify the fields in the condition section.
- Based on date-time
- Every Day: The workflow is executed daily at a specified time for all records.
- Every Week: The workflow is executed weekly at a specified day and time for all records.
- Every Month: The workflow is executed monthly at a specified day and time for all records.
You can choose the recurrence of the workflow on a specific record Once, for each record or Recurrently, for the same record.
WHAT CONDITIONS SHOULD TRIGGER WORKFLOW ACTIONS?: Lists the conditions to filter the records on which the actions are performed. A maximum of 5 conditions can be applied in a workflow.
WHAT ACTIONS CAN BE PERFORMED?: Lists the automated actions to be performed on the record. You can perform actions like sending an email/SMS, updating record properties or related records, creating a task, adding tags, and triggering webhooks. A maximum of 5 actions can be added in a workflow.
Once your rules and actions are defined, hit Save or Save and start.
The actions are performed immediately when the workflow is executed.
If multiple workflows are triggered at the same point, these are executed in the order of the list they are present. The top-most workflow will be executed first, and the bottom-most workflow will be executed at the end. You can reorder the workflows in the list view to change the sequence.