The Call Actions tab in the Numbers page allows you to define the actions to take when a call is received on a particular number. This ensures that each number in your account is associated with a set of automated call actions so that no calls you receive are missed.
By default, all numbers you purchase are associated with a default Global Queue and have business hours set as 24x7. However, you can change these actions/rules according to your business requirements.
To configure Call actions:
- Log in to the Freshworks CRM account.
- Go to Admin Settings > Phone Numbers. You can see the list of available numbers in your account. If you do not have any number, you can purchase a new number using the Buy New Number option.
- Select the number for which you want to set up call actions, and click on the edit icon. You will see the Properties and Call Actions tabs.
- Switch to the Call Actions tab. You can set rules for Incoming Calls and Outgoing Calls.
- Call Actions for Incoming Calls:
- Associate each number to a specific business hour and assign actions. You can choose the default 24x7 business hours or select the one available in your account. You can also create a new business hour.
- Select the actions you want to take during the business hours, outside business hours, and during the holiday. The options are:
- Send to call queue: Select this option to route the call to a call queue. You can select a queue from the list of available in your account or create a new call queue.
- Send to IVR Menu: Select this option to route the call to an IVR menu. You can select an IVR name from the list available in your account or create a new IVR menu.
- Send to Voicemail: Select this option to play a prerecorded voice message to your customers. You can select from the list of messages available in your account or create a new message.
- Send to Agent Extension: Select this option to route the call to an agent extension call flow. You can select a flow from the list available in your account or create a new agent extension flow.
- Hangup: If you do not want to take any action, you can choose to hang up the call with a hangup message. This can be used for configuring calls outside your business hours or during holidays
- Call Actions for Outgoing Calls
Select who can make outgoing calls from this number. You can choose to allow this option for everyone in your account, or a specific team or agent.
- Click Save Changes.
Note: The options Actions outside business hours and during hoilday appear only if you configure the corresponding setting in the business hours. For details, see Configuring Your Business Hours.