Messages and greetings set the initial tone for customer interactions with your call center. Having clear messages at every step during a call guides your customers and make the first best impression.
We provide a set of default messages/greetings for different call center scenarios that can be modified anytime. You can also create customized messages that reflect your company's brand. For example, you can create personalized messages to play if a customer calls outside business hours or during a holiday. You can also record or upload different music as a ringtone for each number in your account.
To create a custom message:
- Log into your Freshworks CRM account.
- Go to Admin Settings > Phone > Messages and Greetings. You can see the list of default messages here.
- Click on the New Message option.
- Enter the message name.
- Select the type of message to create. The options are:
- Record: Click this option to record a message in your voice. Click on the Record button
- Upload: Use this option to upload a prerecorded message or music. Ensure that the file size is less than 5 MB.
- Text to speech: Type your message in the text box provided and select between male or female voice to play the text to speech message.
Also, select the language in which you want to play the text to speech message.
- Click Save Changes.
Tip: Setting up a blank message Blank messages can be used to provide a seamless transition to your customers during a call without playing a welcome, hold, or voicemail message. To set up a blank message, select text to speech as the message type (see step 5) and enter a dot (.)