How to configure IVR?
Modified on: Mon, 9 Aug, 2021 at 11:41 PM
Interactive Voice Response system (IVR) is a telephony system that allows you to identify and segment your incoming callers and make intelligent routing options.
When a customer calls, the IVR prompts a set of keypress actions or voice commands (for example, “press/say 1 for order status, 2 for refund, 3 for cancelation”) to customers. Based on the customer’s response, you can route them to a specific team, agent, external number, or voicemails.
To configure IVR:
Login to the web application
Go to Admin Settings > Call Flows.
Click on the New Basic IVR option.
- IVR Menu Name: Enter a name for the IVR call flow.
- Play Message: Select a message to initiate the IVR call flow. The web application provides a set of default voice messages. You can either choose to select this message or create a new message.
- Keypress/Action: Enter the keypress options and select and corresponding action to take. The options are:
Send to call queue: Select this option to send your customer to a call queue. You can select from the list of call queues available in your account or create a new call queue.
Send to Voicemail: Select this option to play a prerecorded voice message to your customers. You can select from the list of messages that are already available in your account or create a new message.
Hangup: Select this to hang up. Select the message to play before hanging up or create a new message.
Send to IVR Menu: Select this option to send your customer to a second IVR tree. You can select from the list of IVRs available in your account or create a new IVR tree.
- After N repeats: Enter the number of times you want to repeat the IVR menu options to the customers. Also, select the action to perform if the customer provides invalid or no input.
- Click Save.
- Once you save the IVR call flow, you can assign the IVR to any phone number in your account.
Did you find it helpful?
Can you please tell us how we can improve this article?