Why is it needed?
Emails talking about general updates on feature releases, newsletters, blog promotions, etc which are not specific to a customer, might not be of much interest to the recipient. That’s when an email is treated as spam. And, according to the CAN-SPAM act, sending emails to a person who has opted to unsubscribe from your email is a down-right violation. To accommodate such cases, it’s important that every time you send a bulk email you include an option for the customer to unsubscribe out of it. And, the next time you try sending an email to that customer, it should automatically be prevented by your system.
How to keep spam rates minimum with Freshworks CRM?
Freshworks CRM gives you an option to include a link at the end of your emails. This applies for both marketing and sales emails
To do so,
- Login to Freshworks CRM
- Go to the contact list view page > Bulk Email/Email Campaigns
- Draft your mail content in the compose window.
- Click the options button
- The following options appear:
- Link conversation to deal
- Add unsubscribe link
- Enable the unsubscribe checkbox to embed a link in the email.
- Click .
Every email sent from this thread will carry the unsubscribe link.
Once you click unsubscribe, a status message appears and the respective contact is marked as Do Not Disturb.
How are unsubscribe requests handled?
Here's how unsubscribe requests are handled
- When composing a Bulk email, if the list has the unsubscribed contacts(whose DND tag is enabled), Freshworks CRM automatically excludes them from the list of recipients.
- When sending an email to an individual contact(whose DND tag is enabled), an error message pops up.
This way Freshworks CRM keeps a check on your spam rates.