If you’d like people who send an email to you or the people you send an email to, added as contacts in Freshworks CRM, you can do so by simply enabling a checkbox under Email Settings. On doing so, the recipients of emails you send from Freshworks CRM are automatically added as contacts.
If you’ve connected your email address to your Freshworks CRM account (via IMAP), then the email addresses of people in the BCC field of an email that you receive, also get added as new contacts. In addition to this, by enabling the checkbox, emails you receive from contacts are automatically linked to the conversations in their records.
Here’s how you do it,
Click your Profile picture and select Settings.
Go to Email Settings and select one of the three checkboxes.
- Track opens and clicks: Enable this to get to know if the mails you send are opened and clicked.
- Link conversations to contact: Every mail thread of a particular contact gets listed under 'Recent conversations' section on the details page.
- Auto-create contacts: Enabling this setting allows Freshworks CRM to create a Contact every time a new email address enters the system and assign it a predetermined Lifecycle stage
Note: By default,
- All the three checkboxes are enabled.
- New contacts are created from the emails.
The aforementioned setting is a global setting. If you don't want a particular mail (like a confidential price quote) that you are sending to be listed under the contact's 'Recent conversations' you can prevent this from happening.
At the bottom of your email compose overlay,
1. Click the dropdown present next to Saved.
2. Uncheck the 'Link Conversation to Contact'.
- The global setting is the default setting and is reflected in the checkbox of the email compose overlay too.
- You can enable or disable this as per your requirement.