Advantage of integrating Facebook with your web application
We’ll route all messages from your Facebook pages to your Chat Inbox, which will help keep all of your customer communication in one place.
You can read, manage, and respond to messages you receive directly from your Chat inbox.
What you need before you integrate
Note: You need to have a Facebook page and you should be an Admin of that Face book page before you can integrate Facebook with your web application.
24-Hour Messaging Window
Businesses and developers using the Send API have up to 24 hours to respond to a message sent by a user in Messenger when using standard messaging. A bot may also send one additional message after the 24-hour time limit has expired. The 24-hour limit is refreshed each time a user responds to a business through one of the eligible actions listed in Messenger Conversation Entry Points. This is commonly referred to as the '24 + 1 policy'.
For information on how to send messages outside the 24-hour messaging window, check the Facebook developers portal. (https://developers.facebook.com/docs/messenger-platform/policy/policy-overview).
Here's how you can integrate Facebook with your web application:
- Go to Admin Settings > Facebook.
- Click Connect and login to your Facebook account.
- Login with your Facebook credentials and authorize the integration by clicking Continue.
- Select the Facebook pages that you want to integrate with your web application.
- Give permission to your chat by selecting the required Options.
Facebook is now linked to your chat account.
- Move the toggle to the right for the pages you want to connect with chat. You can also assign incoming messages from your different Facebook pages to different teams (groups) by selecting it from the drop-down.
Once you’ve integrated Facebook with chat, anytime someone sends you a Facebook message, it will appear in your chat inbox. You can quickly see if that message was sent from Facebook by checking the ‘Facebook’ tag below your message.
How Facebook messages work in chat
Only private Facebook messages will get sent to your chat inbox. If someone posts a Facebook message on your wall it won’t appear in your chat inbox.
When someone sends a message to your company's Facebook page you’ll only be able to see that person’s Facebook name and profile picture in chat. We recommend asking for their email and adding it to their profile.
We support images and videos sent from Facebook.
Which chat features work with Facebook messages
You can reply quickly to Facebook messages using Canned Responses and FAQs from the Inbox.
We support images and videos to be sent from chat