Quickbooks is an accounting software that makes handling the payment and associated tasks easier.
Who can configure this?
Every Freshworks CRM Admin with an active Inuit account can activate this integration.
An Admin in Quickbooks can enable this integration.
What do you get from this Integration?
View your customer invoices in Freshworks CRM under the respective contact.
Get a summary of the total paid and unpaid amount for each contact.
Get notified when your contact makes a payment.
Pin Quickbooks invoices against your contact in Freshworks CRM.
Search your Quickbooks invoice without leaving Freshworks CRM.
How to configure?
a. Enable the integration from Freshworks CRM:
- Login into Freshworks CRM as an Admin.
- Go to Admin Settings > Marketplace Apps > Quickbooks
You are directed to the Quickbooks page. If you have already logged in, click on Authorize to proceed. Else, sign-in to your Quickbooks account and then click Authorize.
- Upon successful authorization, you’ll be directed to the Quickbooks integration page under Freshworks CRM Admin Settings. Your company name and email as mentioned in the integrated Quickbooks account appears here. If you choose to be notified every time a contact makes payment, enable the checkbox.
6. Click Save.
b. Access your invoice from Freshworks CRM:
All invoices related to a given contact are listed in their respective details page.
Go to the contacts module. Click on the contact whose invoice you want to view.
Scroll down to the end of the details page.
Below the Recent Activities timeline, an integrations tab with all active integrations is listed.
Click on Quickbooks. Invoices related to the respective contact is listed here.
Invoices are listed only for those contacts who are customers in Quickbooks
By default, all open invoices are listed
The most recent invoices are listed on top
This is an account level integration. Also it's a one-way integration.
c. Customising your Quickbooks integration view:
By default these are the various functions that you can use in this view:
- Search box: You can use this to search for specific invoices by the invoice number.
- Filter by date: You can list all invoices with Invoice date during a particular time of the year. Once you enter the start and end date, click Apply to see the filtered results.
- Total paid and: These two clickable boxes show the gross amount Total unpaid that’s been paid and the amount that is yet to be paid by your Contact till date via Quickbooks. On clicking these boxes, the list of all paid and unpaid invoices are listed.
- Pinned Invoices: You can bookmark any important invoice for your quick reference by clicking the pin icon that’s seen to the left of every invoice. On choosing the Pinned Invoice view, you can list all these pinned invoices. You can use this more like a priority filter view.
- Saved views: A list of five saved views that helps you skim through a filtered set of invoices.
6. Pagination: Use the record level and page level pagination options to decide on how many records should be listed per page. You can choose to list three, five or ten records per page.
d. Interpreting the list of invoices:
- The following are the details that are available for each invoice—Invoice number, invoice date, invoice type, balance, total and status(paid or unpaid). This is filled or empty based on the data that’s seen in Quickbooks.
- Of the above-mentioned details, Invoice number is clickable and takes you to your invoice’s detailed view in Quickbooks.
If any paid invoice is processed as part payments, i.e payment done in installments, then a Payments link is visible next to the corresponding paid invoice status field. Hover over this link to know the date, amount and payment number of each of the installments. You can also see the number of installments that’s been paid from the status field.
- If the notification checkbox from the Admin Settings is enabled, then for every new payment made(full or part payment), a clickable in-app notification with the invoice number and the corresponding contact’s name appears.