In this article:
How to whitelist the Gmail app for email sync
Configure Email sync
CSMs can use the Email Sync feature only if it is enabled for the Freshsuccess instance. To do this, Admins need to enable it. Once this is done, CSMs can authenticate their inbox, either by using their sign-in credentials or via Google authentication.
How to whitelist the Gmail App for the email integration:
In Google workspace admin tool (admin.google.com):
1. Select API controls from the security under the main menu.
2. In the App access control section, click "Manage Third-party app access".
3. In the Apps tab, click "Configure new app" and choose "OAuth App Name or Client ID".
4. Input the app's name "Natero" in the search box and click “Search”. App with the name "Natero" will appear in the list. Click on the "Natero" entry.
5. Select the oauth client ID from the list:
6. Choose "Trusted: Can access all Google services" and click "Configure".
Once you have completed the above steps for whitelisting, please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org– we'll have our engineers add the entry to our system. Once this is done, you'll be able to view the Gmail app on the email sync configuration page.
Configure Email Sync
To enable the Email sync feature, the Admin would need to setup the below config.
Navigate to Setting > IT Administration > Email Integration > Select the Email provider
On selecting Gmail or Outlook email provider, on the next page of the sliding window, click on Save.
The domain is automatically picked up from the current user’s email domain and pre-filled as shown below.
By default, your company’s email domain will have already been added to the ‘Excluded domain for incoming emails’ list. You can add more domains as needed.
For custom email servers, a few additional validations need to be done. The current user’s email address will be filled in and cannot be edited. This ensures that the user is part of the setup they are trying to integrate. Enter the password and IMAP server details. Click on Save.
Congratulations! You have enabled Email Sync for your Freshsuccess instance.
Once the Admin has enabled the syncs, the users would have to individually connect their mailbox by following the steps in Enabling Email Sync for CSMs.