The Freshsuccess email feature empowers you to nurture and communicate with your customers in a personalized and automated way right from within the product.
The email capability is primarily to send only outbound emails to multiple customers at once. We can trigger outbound emails:
As a direct message to users in Freshsuccess.
As a campaign that is manually created and scheduled for a specific time.
As an automated triggered email that will be sent to users once they meet a certain set of rules.
In order to send outbound emails, we partner with a service called Mailgun.
To enable the email feature, it is necessary to set up a mail domain from which the email will be sent. This configuration is sent to Mailgun which handles the logistics of sending out the emails.
To leverage this feature, you’ll need to first set up your Freshsuccess email domain.
Set up Email Domain
1. Go to Settings -> IT Administration -> Email Configuration.
2. Specify the domain (that you own/control) that you wish to use for mailing. It cannot already be used for email. We recommend creating and using a new subdomain, like “success.mydomain.com”. Using a subdomain, you will still be able to send emails from your root domain, e.g. “email@example.com”.
3. Specify the default "From" address you'd like to use for email campaigns, e.g. "firstname.lastname@example.org" or "Success Team
4. This step may require involving your local IT department. Once the above two fields are saved, Freshsuccess will generate the DNS records that will enable sending, tracking, and receiving emails. Please use them to update your domain records. DNS records are required to validate the sender's identity to make it appear that the mail is coming from your domain. These include SPF and DKIM methods of verification. See the example below:
Example of Sending DNS Records
SPF: Sending server IP validation. Used by the majority of inbound mail servers. SPF Information
DKIM: Like SPF, but uses cryptographic methods for validation. Supported by many inbound mail servers. DKIM Information
CNAME: Used for tracking opens and clicks, when enabled. Tracking Messages
5. After you have set up the records, click "Check DNS records now" to verify the results. Note that it may take several hours for the DNS records to propagate. If you've done everything correctly but still receive error messages, do reach out to us.
Note: Please make sure to send emails via the domain address configured to avoid DMARC failure.