The Freshworks Customer Service Suite Unified Analytics is a robust reporting and analytics feature that brings together diverse business data from multiple products into a centralized and accessible platform. With unified analytics, you can gain valuable insights and analyze critical information across Freshdesk, Freshchat, and Freshcaller (add-on) – all in one place.
Key Features of unified analytics:
With unified analytics, you can:
- Get a comprehensive view of your business data from Freshdesk, Freshchat, and Freshcaller (add-on) and find valuable insights into the performance of your ticketing and conversation capabilities.
- Access curated reports across channels that provide a deeper analysis of tickets, chat, and phone (add-on).
- Easily create custom reports tailored to your specific business needs using metrics across products.
- Quickly schedule and share reports with your team, ensuring that all stakeholders have access to essential data.
This article provides an overview of the basic concepts and terminologies that help you get started with Unified Analytics.
Here’s a visualization of how different entities are organized together to make data consumable.
- Metric: A metric represents a measurable value that serves as the basis for creating widgets. For example, number of tickets, number of agent replies.
- Module: A group of similar metrics under common categories, that makes it easier to understand and analyze specific aspects of your data. For instance, the "Answers" module in Freshchat contains metrics related to the performance and effectiveness of the knowledge base Question and Answers. For details, see
- Widget: A visual representation of data derived from one or more metrics. The different types of widgets include:
- Text widgets
- Chart widgets
- Image widgets
- Interactive filter widgets
- Report: Consists of a set of widgets that collectively provide a broader and deeper understanding of your data. The two types of reports are:
- Log in to Customer Service Suite.
- From the left panel, click on the Support Analytics icon. You will land on the Analytics home page.
The list of options/features available in Analytics include:
- New report: Click this button to create custom reports from scratch from a wide range of readily available widgets/metrics. You can also create your own widget.
- All reports: Click this to view all types of reports - Curated, custom, shared, and own reports.
- Curated reports: Click this to view the list of curated reports.
- Private reports: Click this to view the list of private reports. When you create a report and do not share it with others, it becomes a private report.
- Shared reports: Click this to view the list of all the reports shared by you or anyone on the team.
- Owned reports: Click this to view the list of reports you created and shared with others.
Roles and privileges
You can control your team's access to Analytics under Admin > Roles. The different roles are:
|Manage (includes edit and export)|
The unified analytics reports are built on modules from Freshdesk, Freshchat, and Bots that are structured to group relevant metrics based on specific themes. The modules help in organizing and analyzing data, providing valuable insights into different aspects of ticketing and conversational support. The key modules are grouped under:
- Bot Analytics Modules
- Chat Analytics Modules
- Freshdesk Modules
- Freshcaller Modules(available only as add-on)