- Go to Admin Settings > Marketplace for CRM and search for WooCommerce
- Click on the WooCommerce application and fill in your WooCommerce store URL
- Once you enter the store URL, the system will ask you to approve the flow of information from WordPress to Freshmarketer. Click "Approve," and the installation will be complete
Note: You can connect only one WooCommerce store to your CRM.
Note: It's necessary for the user integrating WooCommerce with Freshmarketer to hold administrative privileges on their WordPress account. Without WordPress admin access, the user will encounter difficulties as Freshmarketer won't be able to import all necessary WooCommerce data into the CRM. Ensure you have the required access before initiating the integration process.
- Once you complete the installation, click on "Download Plugin" to download the Freshmarketer zip file to your system.
- Go to your WordPress account > Plugin> Upload Plugin. Choose the Freshmarketer zip file that you downloaded and click on install now.
- After installing the plugin, WordPress will ask you to activate the plugin. Click on "Activate Plugin" to complete the Freshmarketer plugin installation on WordPress.
Note: This plugin is an essential part of the installation process. Without this plugin, you cannot use WooCommerce events (orders placed, abandoned cart, checkout started, etc.) for your marketing campaigns. Please ensure that you download the plugin and upload it to WordPress.
Understanding Event Synchronization Between WooCommerce and Freshmarketer
While Freshmarketer and WooCommerce work together to provide seamless integration, there may be occasional delays or disruptions in event flow from WooCommerce to Freshmarketer. This is a known aspect of e-commerce-CRM integrations, not limited to our partnership with WooCommerce, and largely stems from the complex nature of webhooks, which are instrumental in these integrations.
Webhooks are essentially a way for apps to communicate and send real-time data to each other. They are incredibly powerful and efficient, but occasionally, due to factors like network issues, server downtime, or high traffic, the delivery of data can experience minor delays.
Rest assured, these occurrences are not frequent and do not signify a breakdown of the integration. They're just part of the dynamic, fast-paced world of e-commerce and digital marketing. Our teams continuously work to optimize this process and ensure any disruptions are minimal and short-lived.
In the event you experience such an issue, here are a few steps you can take:
- Patience: Sometimes, the best solution is simply waiting a few moments as the systems catch up with each other.
- Check Your Settings: Ensure your Freshmarketer and WooCommerce settings are correctly configured. If you're unsure, our knowledge base provides a detailed guide on how to do this.
- Reach Out to Support: If the issue persists, don't hesitate to contact our dedicated support team. They're well-versed in resolving these occasional hiccups and will help get things running smoothly again.
Remember, our integration with WooCommerce aims to enhance your marketing capabilities and facilitate your e-commerce growth. We appreciate your understanding and patience in the rare event of minor delays or disruptions.