Once you bring your team into Freshchat, you can use Agent Groups to organize them better. This is useful for multiple reasons:
- Automatically route conversations to the right teams or use IntelliAssign
- Manage conversations across multiple groups using inbox views
- Make better use of reporting tools with agent groups to understand how different teams work
Groups are a way to organize your teams. You can have agent groups for Sales, Support, Marketing, etc.
- Go to Admin Settings > Chat Groups (Teams) > Add Group
- You can edit or delete groups anytime by clicking on the drop-down option against the Group name
- While editing the group, you can set up Business Hours for your different teams. This will help your customers know when your business is available (to expect instant responses) and when you're away (to expect asynchronous conversations).
Note: Business hours for Groups is available only from the Pro plan.
- You can also use groups to manually assign conversations (from the Team Inbox) or to automatically route incoming messages (using Automations or IntelliAssign) to different Groups. Agents who are part of the group and are available can start conversing to help customers out.