Add quota metric for custom number fields in the deal module to set up metrics in terms of quantities in addition, to deal values and number of deals.
To understand this better, let us consider an example. Assume you are a residential doors manufacturer and wanted to set goals for your salesperson on the number of doors sold. This is possible by setting the quota metric like the number of doors sold per month/quarter/year in the sales forecast.
First, you need to create a number field under the deals module. This is how you can set up.
- Go to Admin Settingsand scroll down to the Sales Force Automation section. Select Deals
- Click Add field button and select Number as the custom field type
- Enter the required details and click Save
To understand further how to create custom fields you can go through this article.
To set up custom number field as quota metric,
- Go to Deals>> Sales Forecast
- On the forecast page, click Quota. This opens the quota overlay
- Input the required data and pull the Quota Metrics drop-down field to select the custom number field value. Here we have selected the Number of doors as the custom number field
Note: This feature can be enabled via a script. If you are interested, please reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can look at your team's sales forecast for a specific period and quota metrics by selecting the filters Forecast period and Quota metrics.