Note: If you have signed up for your account after 24 April 2023, please visit the following article:Setting up IVR
Interactive Voice Response system (IVR) is a telephony system that allows you to identify and segment your incoming callers and make intelligent routing options.
When a customer calls, the IVR prompts a set of keypress actions or voice commands (for example, “press/say 1 for order status, 2 for refund, 3 for cancelation”) to customers. Based on the customer’s response, you can route them to a specific team, agent, external number, or voicemails.
To configure IVR:
Login to the web application
Go to Admin Settings > Call Flows.
Click on the New Basic IVR option.
- IVR Menu Name: Enter a name for the IVR call flow.
- Play Message: Select a message to initiate the IVR call flow. The web application provides a set of default voice messages. You can either choose to select this message or create a new message.
- Keypress/Action: Enter the keypress options and select and corresponding action to take. The options are:
Send to call queue: Select this option to send your customer to a call queue. You can select from the list of call queues available in your account or create a new call queue.
Send to Voicemail: Select this option to play a prerecorded voice message to your customers. You can select from the list of messages that are already available in your account or create a new message.
Hangup: Select this to hang up. Select the message to play before hanging up or create a new message.
Send to IVR Menu: Select this option to send your customer to a second IVR tree. You can select from the list of IVRs available in your account or create a new IVR tree.
- After N repeats: Enter the number of times you want to repeat the IVR menu options to the customers. Also, select the action to perform if the customer provides invalid or no input.
- Click Save.
- Once you save the IVR call flow, you can assign the IVR to any phone number in your account.