The SMS feature allows users to send and receive SMS messages to their contacts, and record owners.
To setup SMS integration,
- Go to Admin Settings > Marketplace Apps. Search for SMS
- Click on SMS. This opens the dedicated SMS integration page. Click Configure.
- Choose an SMS provider of your choice. For example: Twilio
- Fill in the Account SID and Auth Token and click Authenticate. This activates the feature.
Once the feature is activated, you will be presented with a success notification and will also be able to find the activated number under Numbers for sending SMS.
- Click the activated number. This opens a page dedicated to the SMS provider.
- Turn on the ‘Receive SMS’ toggle to enable SMS replies from your contacts. Turning off the toggle stops your account from receiving SMS replies.
- Copy the webhook URL and paste it in your SMS provider’s settings. To learn how to add webhook URL to your Twilio account, click here
Once you start receiving SMSes in your account, you will receive a success notification with the date, time, and the number from which the last SMS was received.
Now that you've set up the feature, explore the various ways of using it by referring to this article.