Note: On Freshdesk accounts created before February 2023, Threads will be enabled by the end of March 2023.
You can configure automation rules to trigger specific actions on a ticket based on Thread activities. By setting up Automation on Threads, you, as an Admin, support manager, or supervisor, can ensure that the right action gets triggered when a Thread is created or updated or if the number of Threads on a Ticket exceeds a certain limit.
For example, when agents create too many Threads on an open ticket, the ticket is too complex for the agents collaborating on the ticket, or the right stakeholder is not even looped in. In such cases, it is ideal for a Support manager or a Supervisor to step in to loop in the right folks to resolve the ticket.
With Automation on Threads, you can set up a rule to notify or escalate the ticket to the manager when the number of Threads on an Open ticket exceeds a certain number.
Here is how you can set up automation for threads:
- Go to Admin and select Automations under Workflows
- Select Tickets and then click on Ticket updates
- Click on New rule and give your rule a name
- Set up conditions that act as a trigger for this particular rule
- Under 'Involves any of these events' you can select between 'Thread is created' or 'Thread is updated'
- Now select the type of Thread you need to perform the automation. You can select between Discussion, Forward, or Private Thread.
- If you select Private Thread, you can select whether it is created on a Private Note, Public Note, Customer reply, or Agent reply.
- If you select Forward Threads, you can toggle the 'Specific condition' and add specific attributes like To/CC/BCC.
- Add other events if required. Once done, Select the different ticket properties.
- Now, configure the actions to be executed on the ticket once the conditions you set are met.
- If you'd like to send a notification email of an escalation, you can use placeholders to help frame the content.
- Once you've set up all the conditions and actions, click on Preview and Save.
- For every rule you create, a summary will be auto-generated while the rule is being set up. This will be the description for that rule and can be edited.
- Click 'Save and Enable' to save and enable this rule on your Freshdesk.
To learn more about automation in Freshdesk, refer to these articles here. For further queries, please reach out to email@example.com.