TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Creating Private Threads on a ticket
- Configuring automation rules on Private Threads
- Notifications on Private Threads
- Using the Search bar for Threads
- Thread Activity logs
Note: On Freshdesk accounts created before February 2023, Threads will be enabled by the end of March 2023.
Threads enable agents to have focused discussions around a specific topic inside the ticket on a chat-like interface without clogging up the main conversation pane. You can create threads on Private notes, Forward emails, or start a Discussion Thread to collaborate on a ticket.
You can start a Private Thread on a Private/Public Note or customer/ agent response to collaborate with different stakeholders in a chat-like interface. You can also tag and notify specific agents about the comments you just added.
Creating Private Threads on a ticket
- You can hover over a specific Private Note, agent, or customer response on which you want to create a thread and click on the ‘Start a thread’ icon.
- You can type your message and tag agents on the Private Thread by ‘@’ mentioning the agents’ email IDs if they are a part of Freshdesk. To tag external stakeholders, you can add them as a Collaborator (Available on Pro & Enterprise plans) followed by your message.
- Remember that all logged-in agents will still be able to see your note. However, the assigned agent, watchers, and other users in the Thread will receive an email notification. Agents can either choose to respond to the Thread or the email notification sent to their mailbox for new replies to be added to the thread.
- You can also use rich text formatting to highlight, bullet, and style your comments or click on the Attachment icon to add any attachments.
- You can access Private Threads by clicking on the Private Thread button on the Private or Public Note.
Private note threads are also supported on the Freshdesk Android and iOS apps; read this article to know more.
Here are some areas where an agent can add Private threads
- On an existing Private Note
- On a customer response
- On an agent response
- On a Public note (Threads on Public Notes will only be visible to Agents/Admins on Freshdesk.)
There are certain limits threads, mentioned as follows:
- Only one discussion thread per ticket
- Maximum number of threads on a ticket - 100
- Maximum number of threads on an anchor(An anchor means any message in the ticket - agent reply, customer reply, private note, public note) - 5
- Maximum number of messages in a thread - 400
- Maximum size of an attachment - 20 MB
Notifications on Private Threads
Auto Refresh: Whenever there is an update on a specific Ticket or Thread, the ticket will move up the ticket list and appear at the top. The assigned agent, Watchers, and other agents in the thread will get notified via
- The bell icon on the top right shows a red dot for new notifications
- The ‘Update’ button appears on the tickets screen notifying the agent of the number of updates
- On the Ticket details page, you can click the Threads button on the top right to find a red dot that will notify any newly updated thread.
- Email notification to the assigned agent and others on the ticket.
Using the Search bar for Threads
You can search for particular thread messages along with searching for tickets. You can use the search bar on the top right corner to search for specific messages on any thread, tickets, contacts, solution articles, etc.
You can click the settings icon on the Search bar to further filter your search for messages on Threads by only enabling the 'Notes & replies' toggle.
Thread Activity logs
You can click on ‘Show Activities’ in the top right of a specific ticket to view the log of activities, including whenever a Thread is created/updated by an agent.