Auto Triage, powered by Freddy, auto-classifies incoming tickets to save agents’ time and effort. Auto Triage learns from existing ticket data to provide ticket field value suggestions to agents for new tickets.
By default, Freshdesk enables Auto Triage for the ticket field Priority. You will also see Auto Triage enabled by default for ticket Type and Group fields for accounts with a minimum of 2000 tickets. Additionally, you can also request Auto Triage for any other ticket fields.
Once Auto Triage is set up and enabled, you will start seeing suggestions for the enabled ticket fields on all tickets.
In this article, we’ll discuss how to set up and manage Auto Triage suggestions for ticket fields. For details on how to use the suggestions, see Using Auto Triage suggestions.
- Viewing/Managing default Auto Triage fields
- Request new fields
- Enable or disable Auto Triage suggestions
- Automatically update Auto Triage suggestions
- Delete Auto Triage request
Viewing/Managing default Auto Triage fields
If you are on Enterprise plan, Auto Triage will be enabled by default for the ticket field "Priority".You will also see Auto Triage by default for ticket Type and Group fields if your account has at least 2000 tickets.
To view the default fields:
- Login to your Freshdesk account as an Admin.
- Go to Admin > Workflows > Auto Triage. Here, you can see that Auto Triage is enabled by default for Priority.
Now, you will start seeing suggestions, for Priority on all incoming tickets. If you want to turn off auto-suggestions for Priority, disable the option. Check out the section below to know how to view, able, or disable Auto Triage suggestions.
Request new fields
In addition to the default ticket field, Priority, you can request auto triage suggestions for additional ticket fields.
- Login to your Freshdesk account as an Admin
- Go to Admin > Workflows > Auto Triage.
- Click Request new.
- Select the fields you want to enable Auto Triage predictions.
- Click Confirm.
- This will forward your request to the Freshdesk support team
What happens next?
Once you submit the request, it is processed by Freshdesk’s Data Science team. We will keep you updated on the status via email. Depending on the status of the request, you will see the following tags next to each requested ticket field on the Auto Triage home screen.
This is displayed when the Freshdesk team is processing your request for Auto Triage suggestions for a particular field. During this time, our team checks if your existing data is sufficient for Auto Triage to learn and make accurate ticket field value suggestions for new tickets.
In case our team notices that the existing data for a particular ticket field is not enough to make suggestions for new tickets, you will see the ‘Insufficient data’ tag next to the field.
Once our team approves and processes the request for a new field, the ticket field will see a Ready tag next to it. This indicates that you are ready to enable suggestions for this field. However, the suggestions will not be turned on until you enable it manually.
Enable or disable Auto Triage suggestions
- Once a ticket field is marked Ready. you can enable suggestions by clicking on the toggle button next to the ticket field.
- You will now start receiving suggestions for the enabled field for all new incoming tickets.
- To disable the suggestions, toggle the button again.
Automatically update Auto Triage suggestions
You can choose to automatically approve and apply auto triage suggestions for the ticket fields. If enabled, the suggestions will be automatically updated for the tickets, which means agents need not manually apply the suggestions. However, they can modify the values anytime. By default, this setting is disabled for your account.
By enabling this setting and pairing it with automation rules, you can classify and route incoming tickets to the right agents/groups without agent intervention.
- Click on the three dots next to the ticket field for which you want to automatically update the auto triage suggestions.
- Click Settings.
- On the settings page, select Automatic update.
- Scroll down and click Save.
Delete Auto Triage request
You can choose to delete a ticket field while it is in the ‘Requested’ state. Once deleted, your request for that particular field will not be processed further.
Note: You can only delete a ticket field while it is in the ‘Requested’ state. For fields in any other state, you can choose to disable suggestions if required.
How to delete a ticket field
- Click on the three dots next to the toggle button for your desired ticket field.
- Click Delete.